PDA

View Full Version : Golf sidelights

gazza57
16-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I have a 1999 golf 1.9TDi on which the front sidelight lamp has failed, I replaced this a couple of years ago and when I did what a pain, it is almost impossible to get this lamp into position!
The lamp is of the push in wheat type and I thought had to be pushed in from the front hence inside the light cluster.
The only way I could do this was to remove the main/dip lamp and try and push the lamp through the hole and manoeuvre it into position.
This is like trying to paper your hallway through your front letterbox!
I rang the service dept of Breeze VW of Southampton who were really helpful,and actually said that you can remove the lamp from the rear as well. Although it's still fiddly, it's not as bad as pushing it in from the front.
Hats off to the lady in Breeze VW service department who spent the time helping me sort this out.
I think it is important to give these guys praise when merited as so often in the past most of my comments about most VW dealers were less than complimentary Well done Breeze Southampton!
Thanks Gazza57

ahmednuaman
15-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Just saw this post: how did you do it?

gazza57
21-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Just saw this post: how did you do it?
Yes, providing you're careful the lampholder can be pulled out from the rear although it is stiff and you need to make sure you pull it out holding the lampholder, I did it with a small pair of snipe nose pliers.
Gazza57