PDA

View Full Version : Ordered New Avant Today..........

bluestar_ale
14-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Just ordered my new car today..........

Went for the A4 Avant 2.0TDi 143ps Phantom Black, Leather Seats (Black), Privacy Glass, DAB, AMI, Auto Tailgate, Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Cruise Control, 3 Spoke Sports Stearing Wheel.

Local Audi dealer forecast delivery delivery towards the end of September but I thought that was a little optimistic from what I have read on this forum

I was unsure what to go for – S Line saloon looked good, I would have liked the LED running lights but overall felt you were paying the extra for styling and sports set up, could have gone for the SE Saloon and had the Sat Nav option, I took a test drive in a SE with Sat Nav yesterday and it worked well, also liked the fact the MMI controls moved to around the gear leaver. Also considered the A6, could have had the 2.0TDi with leather and Sat Nav for around the same money – discounted it though as the current A6 has been around for a few years now, and whilst still looking good is a little more dated than the new A4.

Just got to wait around 3 months for delivery now………………………..

B6Andy101
14-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Not aware of the privacy galss as an option. Can't see it in the brochure...more details please ;)

dorgan
14-07-2008, 09:44 PM
I wanted that privacy glass but it wasn't available at the time :(
No parking system, bluestar_ale?

bluestar_ale
14-07-2008, 09:49 PM
New Car is a Fleet Purchase - we have a online quote system to order and specify the car colour and options. I order the car through the online quote system and I guess they then place the order with the Audi dealership that orders the vehicle

Your right that there is no mention of it in the brochure. The privacy glass was an option on the driver quote system £325 inc VAT

I assume I’ll get a call from the dealership when they order the car from Audi (that’s what happened when I ordered my current BMW) I’m sure they will notify me of any problems when they receive the order.

I mentioned I was considering ordering the privacy glass to the sales man I spoke to at Audi today, he made no mention that it’s not an option for the new A4…….

I’ll have to wait and see…

bluestar_ale
14-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Parking sensors would have been nice……………… I have them on the BM and they are handy but I was not prepared to pay £650 / £1050 for parking system Plus / Advanced……..

There is no mention of them on the spec list I have been given, but this has come from the lease company and not Audi so may be out of date.

I have not asked Audi if they will be fitted or not – I understand that they were standard on the SE but there is some sort of supply issue???

awtaylor
14-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Did well to avoid A6 as it is due for a minor but very noticable facelift in the new year.

bluestar_ale
14-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Did well to avoid A6 as it is due for a minor but very noticable facelift in the new year.
I asked the Audi salesman today if the A6 was due for a re-vamp his comment was “It’s not due for a facelift for a couple of years” I did treat this with some scepticism, the current A6 must be at least 3 years old and is starting to look dated

The idea of a bigger car was appealing, the limited addition has Sat Nav included and Leather Seats – Sat Nav was a no cost option on the SE…… it looks like Audi are trying harder to shift the current A6 prior to the re-vamp……….

awtaylor
15-07-2008, 12:55 PM
The salesman should read Autocar, specifically page 20 of the 2nd July copy where it has details and pictures of the face-lifted A6 that will be launched at the Paris Motor Show in October this year.

Don't worry, my salesman denied all knowledge of a 170PS 2.0 TDI even though I had read reviews in Autocar earlier this year. At the end of the day they can plead ignorance and most of them are well qualified to get away with it!

To be honest no-one has ever sold me a car - I have always bought them based on what I am sad to say is unfortunately a better knowledge of the product!

bluestar_ale
13-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Just checked with the lease company, the Audi dealership has given a build date of the first week in September, with an estimated delivery date towards the end of September, not too long to wait now............

mkc
13-08-2008, 03:46 PM
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Audi-A6-facelift-2009-undisguised-spyshots/

Audi A6 Face Lift can be seen there so you did well to avoid the A6. If you already think it looks dated it certainly will next year. I find it scary that dealers have limited knowledge of their products, I guess most of our information is found being a petrolhead on the internet, so any "spy shots" and dates could be subject to change and its only right they wont commit to anything if you ask them. However, to say the A6 was a number of years away was the wrong answer!

The waiting is a nightmare, but it will be worthwhile.

I also requested Privacy Glass direct to Audi via Arval. The priced it up with the dealer to have Factory Fitted Privacy Glass. So this is actual tinted glass instead of just tinted film. By the time I signed the new agreement and got it back to Audi they refused as I had been allocated a build week or something. They will not allow me to fit anything after as it could screw the warranty on the Electric windows (even if Audi fit it).
Anyway, with that in mind it certainly does look like its an option to be fitted but its not in the brochure. Welcome to the Queue!

RichardCranium
13-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Loving the LED rear brake lights on the A6 facelift. very cool

awtaylor
13-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Official pictures in this week's Autocar! Also a brief comparison of their long term test A4 SE and a loan S-Line. Their final comment was "the S-Line is the one I'd go for, given the chance again" however it is a personal choice at the end of the day.

bluestar_ale
29-09-2008, 02:44 PM
After feels like endless week's of waiting I have finally got a delivery date of this Wednesday for delivery of my new Avant..............

Spoke to the dealer today regarding the connection cable for the AMI, dealer agreed to send it with the car FOC.......nice man!!