PDA

View Full Version : Parking System Plus Issues ?

Sheroo
14-07-2008, 07:28 PM
This only seems to kick in when the car is started or the gear is changed to reverse position.

I am specically talking about the front parking sensors, as I drive into a tight spot, on my previous car (Lexus IS) the front sensors used to start bleeping away if I got too close, whereas on the A4 I don't get a peep until I stick the car into reverse, and then find I was millimeters away from hitting a fence or the car in front etc.

Is there an option to change this ?

JJAvant
14-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I have the parking system plus on my new Avant and the front and rear sensors beep when I am parking my car even after a journey. I would imagine you can change the set up thru the MMI.

One useful thing my dealer warned me about was the button behind the gearlever which switches the system off. Not much fun if this has been
pressed accidentally and you still think the system is on !

parsen66
15-07-2008, 07:01 AM
I have that option fitted too and in my car there is a button on the dash under the CD buttons. Its got a capital P on it. When pressed, it activates the system in both forward and reverse directions.

digigriffin
15-07-2008, 07:44 AM
I don't have the sat nav, so the option to enable/disable the parking plus is a button below the gear stick in the centre console.

To enable parking plus when you are initially moving forward you have to manually press the button.

If your first movement is reverse, it will auto enable.

I am not aware of anywhere in the MMI this can be changed.

parsen66
16-07-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes you are correct. It is not auto enabled when moving forwards.

Sheroo
16-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I thought so, shame really but not too difficult to press the button on the dash. Thanks all for input.