PDA

View Full Version : new turbo fitted

wycleff
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM
hi all i have a 2002 golf gt tdi 130 done 117000 miles and about 8 months ago started getting a hissing noise from under the bonnet and as i explaine it an exhaust blow type noise when i put my foot down.

i had it inspected at my local garage and they couldnt find anything but said just carry on till it gets worse. so a couple of months later booked it in to vw for dignostic check and they said either my exhaust manifold gasket or there was a crack in the manifold so i carried on using it.

then about 3 weeks ago it started throwing out black smoke so i took it to my garage where they found my exhaust manifold gasket was gone and also the turbo pipe that goes to the intercooler had split and they said the turbo had a high spot. now all three have been done but for some reason the car doesnt seem as quick considering what i have had done it seems to take longer for the turbo to kick in and the whistle of the turbo doesnt seem as loud?

am i just being paranoide or could it be a smaller turbo thats fitted its a re conditioned turbo and i have to send mine back to them but havent yet?

any help or info would be much appreciated.

thanks