PDA

View Full Version : Juddering C

JBOB
11-05-2005, 08:46 PM
I have a really bad running problem with my '90 1.8 16v Corrado. Every time i try to pull away from standing the car judders and nearly stalls like its running out of petrol.

It only does this at low revs so i have to get the revs over 3500 just to get the car going. After 3.5K the car will run fun and pulls/drives very well.

This has only started the last couple of days and i havent had time to check anything yet so im just looking for some tips on what it could be :D

Thanks J

stuart
02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Sorry for the delay in the reply, been ill for almost 3 weeks and neglected my duties on the site :(

It sounds as though you could have oil on the clutch from either a leaking rear main oil seal, or gearbox seal, I had this happen a long time ago, with similar symptoms.

May also be worth a look at engine mounts as well, a worn mout may cause it.

Hope this helps a bit, unless you have already sorted it.

Stuart

JBOB
13-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks Stuart Ive changed the clutch that was very worn and as I was doing that ive found that the front engine mount was completely shot !!!!!! You couldn’t tell from looking or rocking the engine but when you pull away the engine would move back by a good 8 inches
So ive changed it for an uprated JMR one and everything is perfect again.
Thanks Stuart