PDA

View Full Version : VW Bora Engine Workshop light

Snatcher
15-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Initially I posted a fault with my 2002 VW Bora 1.9 TDI. Last week whilst driving the engine workshop warning appeared on the dash and the yellow glow plug flashed, This I found on this forum to be a brake switch which I have changed but still no brake lights except in rear window. After playing with switch still cant rectify fault but have found that when key is in ignition the window brake light is lit permanent, it does light up when braking. I have checked the wire to brake switch but cant see any thing wrong, also checked rear ligh cluster & bulbs but still cant find cause. Is it possible the new brake switch could be faulty ?????:1zhelp:

Boardboy
15-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Have you checked both the bulbs in the rear light units?
Regards Boardboy

RickT
15-01-2007, 11:21 PM
also check that theres power going to the clusters for the brake lights..

ALSO... if the switch had of failed... all the 3 rear brake lights would of stayed on and never gone off while the car was running. was this the case?? if not... i would suggest the swtich was not at fault and theres a brake in the wire after the swtich to the LED and before the clusters.

RicKT

Snatcher
16-01-2007, 06:01 AM
Have you checked both the bulbs in the rear light units?
Regards Boardboy

Yes and both are ok, ???

Snatcher
16-01-2007, 06:44 AM
When I put New Switch on, The middle brake light in window stayed on but still the other brakes lights did not work, I swapped the switch back to old one and middle light working ok. I have again fitted New Switch which is now working middle brake light but no brake lights either end... Bulbs checked and power to both sides. :confused:

Snatcher
16-01-2007, 08:43 PM
also check that theres power going to the clusters for the brake lights..

ALSO... if the switch had of failed... all the 3 rear brake lights would of stayed on and never gone off while the car was running. was this the case?? if not... i would suggest the swtich was not at fault and theres a brake in the wire after the swtich to the LED and before the clusters.

RicKT
When I fitted the new switch, the middle brake light did remain on (still no brake lights either end), The only way i stopped this was swap switch with old one then replace again with new switch, When I brake the only light which still works is the middle. Do you think I might have a dodgy new switch.