PDA

View Full Version : Please Help customer care does it exist?

R32
10-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Hi all.

I am at my witts end and I am after advice.

I purchased a new R32 14months ago and have had various problems with the car.

9 weeks ago I put the car into Lookers teesside to sort out some of them, namely the heated seats not working the I pod connection not working intermittent problems with the hazard warning lights randomly coming on on there own. (which has flattened the battery twice) and loosing engine cooling water.

To cut a long storey short the engine cooling water problem required a new head, Which took 3 weeks to arrive. Since changing the head they have had a timing problem which in 9 weeks they have changed 3 additional parts and have still not cured the problem. They have not kept me informed at all and not once has any one apologised for my inconvenience.

I phoned the customer care line 3 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised with the initial response of we will open a case for you, some one will contact you in 24 hours they will keep you informed and look at some sort of compensation. Well I am still waiting to speak to some one 3 weeks later and I have tried to speak to the person in charge of my case 5 times and every time promised a call back but never getting one.

So basically I paid £28000 to drive around in a basic golf plus.

Any advice on the best way forward?

vw workshop
11-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Put your complaint in writing to the Service Manager and c.c. to Customer Care.Try and include as much info as possible such as dates and times,Say how long you have been without your car and explain that you feel let down .If you have been a vw owner before then put this info in (i.e. 10 cars over 20 years or whatever).Say that this problem may make you go for another brand next time.Be polite and dont exagerate.Keep a copy of this letter and record dates and time of all contacts and notes of names and what is said.Give this a change to work.If you are still getting no where then send a letter to the Dealer Principal (This isnt going to put you in the service managers good books so use as a last resort) .If it gets as high up as this then a few people would have recieved a "word in there ear"(to put it mildly) so your name will be remembered.......either try and win them back with a box of sweets or maybe go elsewhere.

R32
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the advice, just got my car back today and all seems well. This is my 4th Golf and never had troubles before so a bit disappointed with the amount of faults I have had mainly electrical, and the lack of customer care. The manager is phoning me up next week to discuss the matter.

Ryans
30-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the advice, just got my car back today and all seems well. This is my 4th Golf and never had troubles before so a bit disappointed with the amount of faults I have had mainly electrical, and the lack of customer care. The manager is phoning me up next week to discuss the matter.

All depends on the Technicians working for the Franchise company. The Best i found was Lindvale, there top technician is Martin

dandam
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
R32 - did you ever get any joy from them in the end ?

Eshrules
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
R32 - did you ever get any joy from them in the end ?

probably not, like many of these people who join the forum and have a brieft rant about a dealer, they never return.

I'd not lose any sleep over it if I were you :Blush:

bricam1
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Can't someone email this person and ask how they got on? Or is it more hassle than its worth.