PDA

View Full Version : Question Replacing Fabia windscreen wipers

damper
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
On seeking replacement wipers for my 53 reg Fabia 1.4 16v I found that the passenger side one is curved. Replacements recommended in stores like Halfords, however, are available as either curved or straight. is there a particular advantage in the curved version, or is it OK to fit what is available?

Has anyone a recommended replacement manufacturer?

damper
11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Silence reigns! :aargh4:Skoda owners do not warrant a reply:biglaugh:

pastyboy
20-03-2009, 06:39 PM
On seeking replacement wipers for my 53 reg Fabia 1.4 16v I found that the passenger side one is curved. Replacements recommended in stores like Halfords, however, are available as either curved or straight. is there a particular advantage in the curved version, or is it OK to fit what is available?

Has anyone a recommended replacement manufacturer?
Hello,
You need only replace the wiper blade & holder, which is straight , and not necessarily the arm it is located on, which is curved.
Removal of the arm itself from its splined position stud requires a puller, as it will be extremely tight. Corrosion would have set in being an alloy arm and the spline is made of steel, and rust doesn't help either.
Your request for help is rather dated so assume you have approached the likes of "Halfords" to aquire a replacement for the offending blade.
Good luck. pastyboy 20/03/2009