PDA

View Full Version : iPOD integration with MMI

sbuk73
10-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Another old topic for some im sure ... I visited the local dealer the other day who was telling me there are 2 types of MMI, a basic MMI and an MMI High ?! - he said if you have the MMI High version then looking in the glovebox you should find a ready to go block into which you can plug the audi AMI interface cable and hook up the ipod easily.

If I don't have that feature in the car - currently AUDI are not doing any retro fit Audi AMIs due to some software/development issue of the AMI and MMI working together or something. So I'm not sure how long thats going to take ... I've only looked in the glove box so far so not sure if its tucked away anywhere else - the cars massive.

oldgrowler
02-08-2008, 10:06 AM
i asked this question at dealer the other day and was told if its got a colour screen its high if its black and red its basic, he also said a8 should all be high but i dont think you will see the cable as new cars are fitted with ami but im still looking into the retro fit as denison gateway is available but doesnt give you the neat and tidy tray just connections hanging in glove box which is pretty tacky i think.