PDA

View Full Version : VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme With Chris Knott Insurance

Tim@ChrisKnott
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Please don't forget to ring us at renewal time!
Great feedback & details are found here - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24937&page=9

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 & quote 'ref 780 - VWAUDI FORUM'.

Eshrules
09-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Please don't forget to ring us at renewal time!
Great feedback & details are found here - http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24937&page=9

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 & quote 'ref 780 - VWAUDI FORUM'.

I'll be contacting you myself soon (asap really) as my insurance is due in October and Endsleigh, the nice chaps, have just informed me my premium is likely to INCREASE. :mad:

Combover
09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I'll be contacting you myself soon (asap really) as my insurance is due in October and Endsleigh, the nice chaps, have just informed me my premium is likely to INCREASE. :mad:

I will be doing the same as for some reason mine has gone up with Endsleigh too (nothing has changed circumstance wise)

Tim@ChrisKnott
11-07-2008, 01:08 PM
To mark the company's 25th Anniversary, we have arranged a celebration for staff that will result in the office's being closed all day on Wednesday, 23rd July. We deliberately chose a Wednesday which is generally a quieter day and, needless to say, we are open all day on the Tuesday and, more importantly, Thursday, when we will pick up any overflow & call-backs. We are writing separately to all clients whose renewals are due 23rd to 25th and will e-mail as many clients as we can for whom we hold addresses.
We will be leaving a self-explanatory recorded message and the website will also make reference to this one-off event.
Our apologies if this may cause any inconvenience but hopefully this will allow you time to contact us beforehand with any quotes or queries.
I would say though that the claims department will be open as usual - 24 hours a day.

Tim@ChrisKnott
17-07-2008, 03:25 PM

I keep hearing of insurance companies increasing premiums for no reason. I could understand if there were recent claims but otherwise these increases surely aren't justified.

On the VWAudi Insurance Scheme, premiums generally do not increase at renewal, and this has been the case with us for years.

Tim@ChrisKnott
28-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Glad to see, and hear(!), people ringing us for quotes on the scheme.

Keep 'em coming!

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961

Tim@ChrisKnott
14-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Just a reminder if you're renewal is due!

Tim@ChrisKnott
30-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately, it excludes all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and Northern Ireland.

Me n shaz
14-10-2008, 08:23 PM
hi just re,newed with chris knott my OLD broker was quoting £120 over the price i found on the internet with the same ins comp. i rang C K and they sorted me out very quickly and with a discount when i renuw my other car policy. thanks everybody :D

monday
17-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Not happy they wouldn't insure me, COMMON! its only a 1.8 and matches my age :P

Me n shaz
17-10-2008, 07:26 PM
hi it looks like I fit into the old and boring slot, or is it because my 1.8 t is fitted into a 7 seater pushchair, ???. or is it both..regards bill:drive:

Tim@ChrisKnott
06-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Come on folks. We are insuring tons of people on this scheme from other car clubs so please don't forget to ring us on the scheme if your insurance is due!

0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 (cheaper to ring this number if ringing by mobile).

dansansome
07-11-2008, 01:59 PM
i'll vouch for potential to money save!

*satisfied customer here*

miles cheaper than i could get anywhere else. it really IS worth a call.

paul b
07-11-2008, 05:32 PM
I tried! Chris Knott were cheaper than my renewal quote :) by LV, but then I found LV about £100 cheaper online than what was on my renewal quote. :confused: End result I'm still with LV but on a different insurance thingy...

I'll still call them when its time to put the Octavia on the road, they're easy enough to deal with and well worth a phone call.

Paul

Tim@ChrisKnott
28-11-2008, 01:35 PM
i'll vouch for potential to money save!

*satisfied customer here*

miles cheaper than i could get anywhere else. it really IS worth a call.

All part of the service!

VWshadow
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Unfortunatley Chrisknott did not work out cheap at all for me , I was quoted £309.20 by Alliance and Leicester for a new quote, so thought to phone ChrisKnott after receiving an email from the forum advertising cheap insurance for members. So I was shocked at getting a quote for £490 from them.
Searching all providers still seems the best way forward.

Tim@ChrisKnott
09-01-2009, 11:38 AM
The scheme really took off in 2008 - better than we expected - so thanks to those of you who insured on it.

We look forward to being of service in 2009 as well.

Tim@ChrisKnott
02-02-2009, 02:24 PM
We've had a good start to 2009 already, even better than last year which was an exceptional year for us.

If you're renewal is due in February, please don't forget to ring us and quote the club scheme reference number shown in my signature below!

Mr Solo
07-03-2009, 03:17 PM
I just renewed with Chris Knott.They were over £100 less than my renewal quote and £45 less than i found with compare.com and the £150 less excess payment. But here the funny thing,I am being insured by the same company the my original broker insured me with.So I'm guessing the cost are being passed on at broker level.It's worked for me.The only thing I've got to do now is find a road recovery scheme.Many thanks.

paul b
07-03-2009, 05:20 PM
The only thing I've got to do now is find a road recovery scheme.Many thanks.
I recommend Green Flag.

Nice to see the forum sponsors getting deals with members! :)

Tim@ChrisKnott
07-03-2009, 08:56 PM
I just renewed with Chris Knott.They were over £100 less than my renewal quote and £45 less than i found with compare.com and the £150 less excess payment. But here the funny thing,I am being insured by the same company the my original broker insured me with.So I'm guessing the cost are being passed on at broker level.It's worked for me.The only thing I've got to do now is find a road recovery scheme.Many thanks.

We do breakdown cover! £54.50 for European & UK cover! Please ring the team who can organise.

saif786
13-03-2009, 06:52 PM
i have just taken out cover for my audi with CK and i must admit they are alot better than others i have dealt with before customer service wise and price wise.keep up the good work guys.:beerchug:

Tim@ChrisKnott
18-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Hot off the press!

In 2009 so far, we have saved our new customers a recorded average of £60 (£60.10 to be exact!) off their BEST quote, not just their renewal price, but their BEST quote!
In fact, so successful is the scheme that we have taken on additional staff & next week we have a meeting to look at taking on further personnel!

So, if your insurance is due in the next few weeks, please give us a call freephone on 0800 917 2274 (or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile) and don't forget to state the club reference number found either in my signature or in my introductory post when we first set up the scheme. Insurers find that club/forum users are better 'risks' statistically so make sure you mention the club!

Don't forget to check the criteria you must adhere to, e.g. age, etc.

Tim@ChrisKnott
30-07-2009, 09:19 PM
With August being the second busiest month of the year, after March, I expect quite a few of you are coming up for your car insurance renewal.

Please feel free to give us a call when you receive your renewal papers through. I have collated a large list of excellent feedback from those who have already rung us so thank you for that.

Our average recording saving for our new customers in 2009 is £60.02 off their BEST quote so now you know why we have had to take on more staff!

The number is 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!

Tim@ChrisKnott
13-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days.

August and September are the 2nd & 3rd biggest months for renewal dates so I expect quite a few of you will be sighing at the thought!
If we can already save our new, 2009 customers an average of £60.02, then surely it's worth a phone call...and a free one at that!

0800 917 2274 (or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile though not free unless you have free minutes!).

One thing I ask - please don't forget to quote the club name and/or reference number found in my signature below.

Tim@ChrisKnott
10-09-2009, 02:44 PM
IT'S WORTH RINGING US BECAUSE........
Well, after my post about August being the second busiest month of the year for car insurance renewals, we have in the last week recorded our BEST EVER income regarding providing insurance for forum users (and their families). That's in 26 years!
If your renewal is due in the next 21 days, please don't hesitate to give us a call on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961 if calling by mobile and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO QUOTE THE CLUB NAME & REFERENCE NUMBER found in either my signature or my original post introducing the scheme!
Don't forget to check out the original thread stating minimum ages, etc, for the scheme.

Tim@ChrisKnott
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
NEW IDEA!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK?
We are looking at launching a system whereby, to get a quote from us, you have the option of sending your details by email to us and then we will contact you with the quote.
This would also assist those who can't get ring us during working hours or those who would just prefer to correspond through the forum.
My question is would this be helpful to you?
I'd appreciate your comments.

stuart
01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Excellent idea

Tim@ChrisKnott
08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.
However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk (peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk), who will contact you with the quote.

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk (peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk)
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : VWAUDI FORUM
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 780

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

Tim@ChrisKnott
12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
There is no doubting the success of our insurance scheme and we do thank all of you for ringing us.
However, we are often asked about online quoting.

The scheme is such that it is impossible to quote online but we have an idea!

We prefer people to ring us for a quote but if you're car insurance renewal is due within the next 21 days, please feel free to complete the questions below, then copy & paste, then email to peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk, who will contact you with the quote.
The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover (though 25 for some cars), & 19 and over for TPF&T cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).
All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes and excludes Northern Ireland.

1.WE WILL ONLY QUOTE IF YOUR CAR INSURANCE RENEWAL DATE IS WITHIN 21 DAYS OF THE DATE OF YOUR EMAIL,
2.PLEASE ANSWER EVERY QUESTION BELOW,
3.COPY & PASTE ALL THE TEXT FROM 'NAME OF CLUB' DOWN TO THE BOTTOM
4.EMAIL THIS TO peter.haywood@chrisknott.co.uk
5.WE WILL RING YOU BACK WITH THE QUOTE. (IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING WITHIN 24 HOURS, PLEASE RING US AS WE INTEND TO LEAVE MESSAGES & SEND EMAILS SAYING WE HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU).

Here you go - (if at all possible, can you reply in CAPITALS and different font/colour please?)

NAME OF CLUB : VWAUDI FORUM
CLUB REFERENCE NUMBER: 780

Full name of policyholder (inc Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms)

Home postcode

Mobile number

Daytime number

Vehicle registration number

Make & full model of car

CC

Year of manufacture

Value of car

Registered Keeper
Registered Owner

Where vehicle kept overnight

Number of seats

Date of purchase of car
(If less than 12 months ownership, please
give details of previous cars owned)

Immobiliser fitted

Modifications

RHD or LHD

Cover required (Comprehensive or TPFT)

Renewal date

Years NCB that is available to use on this policy
(NCB lapsed 2+ years ago and NCB earned as a named driver is not acceptable)

Protected bonus required if full NCB – yes or no

Who is driving
For ALL drivers –

Male or female

Date of birth

How long lived in UK

How long held a full UK licence

Occupation plus any part time jobs

Business nature of your job

Employed or self-employed

Marital status

Total miles per annum

Use of car – commuting or business use
If business use (if so, what specifically)

Homeowner

Any claims fault or non fault within 5 years
Please give circumstances including approx costs, which policy the claim was on and what happened

Any convictions within 5 years
Please give code (eg SP30), date of conviction, fine, ban

Disabilities notified to DVLA

How many cars in family

Postcode where car kept overnight

Renewal quote
Total renewal excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

Best quote
Total excess (inc voluntary & compulsory)
Which insurer

(Proof will be needed of quotes as we are audited by the insurers. This can
be in the form of renewal notices, internet log in details and reference numbers).

Tim@ChrisKnott
23-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi

A tip off!!!

The 'word on the street' is that premiums are 'hardening' meaning that they are going up.

HOWEVER.................

I was in the office yesterday & the New Business Manager told me that due to the success of our insurance scheme this year, the set targets each month have been upped by 25% remarkably! This started on 1/10/09.

Even though we have had a good month already, on reckoning it could be that we are just under the set target so he told me that premiums will be even cheaper for people who have renewal dates from now until 31/10/09 just so that these targets can be met!!!

The difficulty is that from now until February, there aren't as many people insuring cars.

My thought is that, because of these quieter months, the premiums will continue to be cheaper for those who have renewal dates for now, November, December, January & early February.

All I'd say is it's worth a call ESPECIALLY if your renewal date is within these months.

(My long-term thought is that if the insurers show a decent profit due to increased business but at lower premiums, then this will continue throughout next year but that is only me surmising!).

Tim@ChrisKnott
10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
After recording our 3rd best month ever in July, we have done it again in October - our 3rd best month ever! So thank you to everyone who has rung.

We've also now provided the option of emailing your quote details to us if you can't contact us by phone & the thread for that is found in an insurance section or my original post offering the scheme.

We are already way ahead in November based on previous years so I would encourage you to ring us (or email using the special template form only) when your car insurance renewal is due.

It really is a good time to ring us!

Tim@ChrisKnott
14-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Please don't forget to ring us for a quote if your car insurance is due within the next 21 days.
You may have waited all year and now is the time!
Don't forget to mention that you were recommended by this forum.
Our number is 0800 917 2274 or if ringing by mobile, 01580 752961.
Just to let you know also that apart from the usual Bank Holiday closures, we will be shut on Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve.
Normal opening hours are –
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Saturday 9am-noon (skeleton staff)
(There is a 24 hour claims helpline)

Tim@ChrisKnott
04-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Hi

The phones were quite busy today due to it being the first day back at work for many people so if you couldn't get through then things should be a tad quieter tomorrow!

If your car insurance or breakdown renewal is due in January, then please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961.

Please ensure you quote the club name and reference number found in my signature!

robaart
08-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Chris Knott offer a good service and the brokerage side is brilliant however don't deal withtheir partners who are Close Premium Finance who do the monthly payment plans because I have had a nightmare trying to sort out a simple mistake and it has cost me an additional £40. This is what happened, On the 4th Jan 2010 I made the mistake of cancelling the direct debit payment from my online account as I was moving home and doing a clean up, straight away I rang both Chris Knott and then Close Premium Finance and told them that I had made a mistake and would be happy to settle the full amount straight away by giving my credit card details but wanted to avoid any arrears charges. Close Premium told me not to worry and that I coudn't pay whilst I was on the phone to them and would get a letter offering me the opportunity to pay full amount or the monthly payment thats outstanding however today I got an additional admin fee request for £40.00. Having acted so quickly and offering to pay the full amount, I feel totally let down when this happens and feel as I am being fleeced for a simple mistake. I hate these sort of companies who will fleece you at the slightest opportunity to do so.

Tim@ChrisKnott
11-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Chris Knott offer a good service and the brokerage side is brilliant however don't deal withtheir partners who are Close Premium Finance who do the monthly payment plans because I have had a nightmare trying to sort out a simple mistake and it has cost me an additional £40. This is what happened, On the 4th Jan 2010 I made the mistake of cancelling the direct debit payment from my online account as I was moving home and doing a clean up, straight away I rang both Chris Knott and then Close Premium Finance and told them that I had made a mistake and would be happy to settle the full amount straight away by giving my credit card details but wanted to avoid any arrears charges. Close Premium told me not to worry and that I coudn't pay whilst I was on the phone to them and would get a letter offering me the opportunity to pay full amount or the monthly payment thats outstanding however today I got an additional admin fee request for £40.00. Having acted so quickly and offering to pay the full amount, I feel totally let down when this happens and feel as I am being fleeced for a simple mistake. I hate these sort of companies who will fleece you at the slightest opportunity to do so.

Thanks for your kind words about us. We try our best!

However, I agree with you regarding the charge from the finance house. I looked into it and our 'expert' in the office said that if you pay the remainder of the premium to ourselves (not Close Premium Finance), you shouldn't get charged the fee. So please ring us & ask for Carole.

Tim@ChrisKnott
25-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi
Please don't forget to ring us if your insurance is due in February - 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961.
Things are back to normal here after the snow! Sorry for any disruption though we are moving to a town in March where half the staff live anyway so we shouldn't encounter the difficulties we had getting into here earlier this month!

Tim@ChrisKnott
15-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Please don't forget to ring us if your car insurance is due in April and realise the benefit of this scheme!

It's a free phone call - 0800 917 2274! (Mobiles can ring 01424 200477)

Please don't forget to state the club name & reference number found in my signature below.

Let me know how you go on!

Tim@ChrisKnott
26-05-2010, 11:24 PM
We want to make your day!!!

If your car insurance renewal is due in the next 21 days, please feel free to ring us on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 for mobiles.

(Don't forget we also do breakdown cover, travel and home insurance!)

Tim@ChrisKnott
01-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Please don't forget to try us if your car insurance renewal is due in July.
(Last week was our 2nd best ever in terms of business from the forums!)
0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 - please don't forget to mention the club name and/or reference number found in my signature.

Tim@ChrisKnott
22-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi
If you've had your car insurance renewal through from your existing company, please feel free to try our scheme on 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and don't forget to mention you heard about us on this forum.

Tim@ChrisKnott
11-08-2010, 12:18 PM
If your car insurance renewal (or home, travel, car breadown for that matter!) is due in August, please feel free to ring for a quote on our scheme. In the next few weeks, we will have the September rates installed on our computers so we can quote for that month when that happens.

Our numbers are 0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and please don't forget to quote the club reference number found in my signature.

springbok247
24-08-2010, 08:02 PM
My cheapest quote for renewal on my y reg v6 4mo is £1060, im 24, 5 years no claims and 6 yrs driving! Ridiculous!!!!!!:zx11: That quote was on a comparison site tho....

Tim@ChrisKnott
09-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi
If your car insurance renewal is due in September, please feel free to ring us for a quote on our scheme!
The parameters have changed in that the scheme insurers don't accept bhp increase mods by more than 20bhp or people with more than one conviction or who have had a fault claim in the last 12 months.

Tim@ChrisKnott
22-09-2010, 01:05 PM
We have October rates in our system now so if your car insurance renewal is due, please feel free to ring us for a quote.

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 and please state the forum name and/or reference number found in my signature.

By the way, if you have home insurance, here is a post from a forum written yesterday - 'Our home insurance is up for renewal, so I decided to get a quote from the club scheme to see if there as good for home as they are for car insurance. My renewal from (.........) was £413 a year. Chris knott a bargain £318 a year.'

So try us on your home insurance as well!

Tim@ChrisKnott
17-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi
There has been a lot of talk about people being charged for putting winter tyres on their cars.

Can I just say to save any uncertainty we will not charge for anyone doing this though you do have to notify us if you add them?

May I also wish you all a very Happy Christmas and peaceful New Year.

Giles H
06-01-2011, 12:12 PM
All I can say is......bye bye Adrian Flux......hello Chris Knotts!

Get this.....just bought an A6 Avant to replace my A4 saloon. Wanted to put my wife on the policy....

Using the same Underwriter from both companies, Chris Knott's have quoted me £400.00 less than Adrian Flux's!!!!!:confused:

Unbelievable!

Chris Knott's.......... :beerchug:

:approve:

Tim@ChrisKnott
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
All I can say is......bye bye Adrian Flux......hello Chris Knotts!

Get this.....just bought an A6 Avant to replace my A4 saloon. Wanted to put my wife on the policy....

Using the same Underwriter from both companies, Chris Knott's have quoted me £400.00 less than Adrian Flux's!!!!!:confused:

Unbelievable!

Chris Knott's.......... :beerchug:

:approve:

Glad we could help!

Tim@ChrisKnott
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
After a strange few months of changing criteria and shifting patterns in the insurance market, January for us, in terms of business, surpassed January 2010 (before all these changes took place) showing that the current scheme seems to be working rather well!
I like to think it’s because I’ve put my photo as my avatar but the rest of the team think that has had a detrimental effect. They may have a point!
So, please feel free to ring us if your car (or home) insurance is due in the next few weeks!