PDA

View Full Version : Rear headrest LCD screens

_steve
09-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Does anyone know of a headrest screen ideally with built in DVD that will fit, and look good in the B8 ?

At the moment we've got some argos specials, which strap onto the headrests, and leave cables dangling all over the place, which inevitably get tangled/wrapped round legs, and pulled out as the kids get in and out of the car, so i'd like to get some cable free screens fitted.

I might be pursuaded to go down the custom route and butcher some genuine Audi headrests, but i'd rather not have the extra expense of replacing them at the end of lease !

Gone are the days when "eye-spy" or car spotting keep them entertained in the back seat - it has to be DVD, PSP, DS Lite for long journeys now :)

Lord Buckingham
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I had a flyer in my B8 broucher advertising packages that you could get for the B8, one of them was a rear seat entertainmet system, might be worth a call to your local dealers.

Cheers

Richard

B6Andy101
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Bit late for you are you have it on order, but there is now a factory fit system as an option in the 2009 model year brochure (July 2008) which is downloadable now. Built in blinds for the rear doors is a new option I would have gone for to keep the sun out of my little fellas eyes, if they were available when I ordered...

Lord Buckingham
14-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Having seen a pic of them in the new brochure, they look very cheap and nasty, not built into the headrest at all, definitely not worth it IMHO.

Cheers

Richard

_steve
14-07-2008, 08:14 AM
thanks folks - the new audi option looks very similar to the Argos units i already have - which is fine if you've only spent £99.99 on a pair of screens, but spending £995 on a similar thing from Audi to hide the cables is a bit OTT. The screens in the audi option are detachable and have batteries in them so they wok int he house etc. good idea, but what a nighmare if you park in a dodgy area - smashed glass and two rear headrests to replace if you forget to remove them from display.