PDA

View Full Version : Replacement key ?

richjthorpe
14-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi all,

The car I've just bought has only got 1 key with it. From searching through the forum there should be a code in the hand book that I can take to Audi and they would give me the SKC to program another key fob. Only thing is, the car didn't have a hand book, only a service schedule.

How can I get another key fob programmed ?

Thanks,

Richie.

onzarob
14-01-2007, 10:30 PM
The handbook doesn't have the code in it. Its a number tag that gives the key cut, then there is a SKC code to login to the immoiliser to match the key to start the car.

You can get the whole key from audi quoting your registration but they will charge you £160 ish for the honour!!

I have bought a key of ebay and also got a blade cut, the guy used a picture to read the code!

The only thing is you need to have VAGCOM to match the key to the imobiliser (and the SKC code).

A good independant can help read this code but only for older audi's. what year is yours?

Rob:D

richjthorpe
15-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi Rob,

I've read about the VAGCOM link and will be getting one and going down the ebay route.

Where do I get this number tag to get the SKC ?

I've got an '03 1.8T Sport.

Thanks,

Richie.

onzarob
15-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I was lucky as i had the plastic tag with skc code on it. You'll need to contact audi to get yours. I would say a 03 model has a 7 digit skc code.

Rob:D