PDA

View Full Version : Cambs/Essex/Suffolk independent servicing

Pasdit
14-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

New to the site, so I may be asking stupid questions, so I apologise in advance.

Does anyone know of any responsible independent servicers in the Essex/Cambs/Suffolk area? I'm trying to arrange a 180k service for my 52 Passat tdi. Needs a cambelt change. Vindis want ~£600 all in, local independent wants £550+vat which works out higher. I appreciate that it's labour intensive so it's not going to be cheap, but if anyone has any advice as to where to go, I'd appreciate your input.

Cheers,
Pasdit.

monkeywrench
17-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey Pasdit.

I only know of a german car independent service garage in Essex which I've been to, just type audi service essex or vw service essex in google you will find them, worked out pretty cheap for me! :biglaugh:

Eshrules
17-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey Pasdit.

I only know of a german car independent service garage in Essex which I've been to, just type audi service essex or vw service essex in google you will find them, worked out pretty cheap for me! :biglaugh:

What an oddly helpful first post - do you have the name of the garage?

What work did you have done there?

Sam
17-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Hopefully after 4 years, the belt has already been changed.

monkeywrench
18-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey, sorry thought the forum dude would get a bit funny about putting the actual place. Its SN Autohaus in Hainult, Essex. Really good service. I had a new exhaust fitted. All I can say is quick service and polite people.:beerchug:

Sam
18-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey, sorry thought the forum dude would get a bit funny about putting the actual place. Its SN Autohaus in Hainult, Essex. Really good service. I had a new exhaust fitted. All I can say is quick service and polite people.:beerchug:
No reason for us to get funny at all, this is where we ask for people to recommend companies to our members - that can't be done without a name - kinda defeats the purpose :approve:

Using the terms you suggested brings up that place but it's not near the top so it's a good job you named them - they need to work on their SEO a bit more ;)

monkeywrench
18-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh I guess that makes sense, well here is a link for the website, for anyone in the future visiting this thread.

http://www.snautohaus.com/ (http://vwaf.co.uk/)