PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Lighter (Drivers) What fuse? (bora uk)

mrhaun77
14-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I have a 2001 vr6 Jetta. My cigarette lighter hasn't been working for a few days. So I just spent the last two hours to found out what the hell is the problem, can't figure it out... I looked at my fuses, couldn't figure out which one it was based on this "fuse card". The one that does show a cigarette being lit doesn't even have a fuse in it's place. So I pulled every fuse that was 10 Amps or higher...every fuse checked good even the ones in the engine compartment. I checked for power at the cigarette lighter, no power...the one in the trunk has power works fine...
What fuse is it? This fusecard is bull, it has little icons on it and some refer to a book...what book? All I have is the manual provided when the car was purchased... this book just shows you a picture where the fuses are in the car... Can anyone help? Is their other fuses somewhere else?
Thanks
Ashley:1zhelp:

Boardboy
14-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Can you get to the back of the lighter? Check for voltage at the back and have a look you haven't got a loose or broken wire. Had a problem with a car at work that had no power at the socket. It was a broken wire.
Regards Boardboy

RickT
15-01-2007, 12:13 AM
more than likley it will be the socket... as above just check theres power.

RicKT