PDA

View Full Version : servotronic - where has it gone

jcb
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
its nto listed on the configurator anymore but is in teh brochure. dynamic steering is available for £700 but this is differnet to servotronic isnt it ? or is it another case of the pants configurator ?

jcb
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
its listed as standard equipment on the 2.0T but not on the 1.8T (in the brochure it says servotronic std on 190ps or above which means it is correctly listed on 2.0T but should still be available on the configurator as an option for the 1.8T)

_steve
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
i'd ignore the configurator, as another forum member put it "its pants" :) If you try and find tyre pressure monitor it's not on there, and the last update has screwed up the ability to add 19" alloys to the A4.

If you go to other manufacturers they have really nice "build your own...." but audi seem happy to leave the configurator as a rainy day update project.

jcb
07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
tyre pressure monitor is on there - i saw it today !!

dont get one - they are a pain. if the outside temp drops then the pressure in the tyres will drop (simple physics) and the tyre pressure monitor will alarm. my dad has one on his car and its always giving false alarms !

browellm
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM
tyre pressure monitor is on there - i saw it today !!

dont get one - they are a pain. if the outside temp drops then the pressure in the tyres will drop (simple physics) and the tyre pressure monitor will alarm. my dad has one on his car and its always giving false alarms !

Depends on the type of implementation. Cars like the Renault Laguna actually monitor the pressure inside the types.

The Audi/BMW implemetation is calibrated to the rotational speed of the tyre, and triggers the alarm if this drops below a certain level.

I agree though both types of system can be tempremental, I never had any problems, but others were always getting false positives.