PDA

View Full Version : Just bought another golf - so here I am !

felixthegolf
07-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I've just bought a mk3 golf as my daily driver - I have never owned one before personally but have driven every model made since the mk2 so I'm not a complete virgin. As for working on them - I have only done minor bits on my ex GF's mk3 and mk4.

Over the next coming weeks I have some work to do to my new addition so expect to be on here a fair bit - hopefully not asking too many questions :aargh4:

felixthegolf
07-07-2008, 10:05 AM
List of work to complete this week includes front bumper and wing replacement - I think some welding as well due to front panel damage behind the front bumper where it "clips" on to the body to rap around the front. However I'm not certain about this until I can see behind the bumper properly - its pretty mangled. Perhap someone on here has a photo of a mark 3 without the bumper on ?

I also need to sort out some minor common faults - glove box catch and one door lock seized / not operating and a damn good clean as the previous owner just didnt bother for about 3 years by the look of things. Mechanically though - its a right rolls royce.

However driving this every day may become a little annoying for me - Ive come accustomed to driving performance cars for the last 10 years but with petrol prices like they are it's time to be sensible and use my beast only at the weekend.

dieselman580
07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
hello and welcome

felixthegolf
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Blimey - someones alive on a monday morning then :p

paul b
07-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. :beerchug:

Paul

menziesja
25-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I am in Aussie and need to repair drivers electirc window of a Golf Mk3 (1997). Do you know how to remove the door panels?