PDA

View Full Version : Question SAT Nav or not

Lord Buckingham
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Guys, need the advise of any B8 owners with the SAT Nav option, is it worth the price tag, or should I go for the concert with the 6 CD changer and a few more extras?:1zhelp:

I had the Nav option in my previous B7 and my current B7 Quattro does not have it and I am thinking if I don't order it will I regret it?

Cheers

Richard

mkc
07-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Tricky one. It is a lot of money but I guess it really does depend on how often you make different journeys and you dont know where you are going. If you just commute to work and then go to Sainsburys like me its not worth it. I doubt if you would see much of the money back when it comes to resale. Could you afford to be late or lose business without it?

I dont even think the 6 CD changer is worth it, doesnt it come with a SD card which will let you store hours more music? I would get the B&O sound system instead I think.

Not that I could afford it within my spec but I think I would have left it off the spec anyway. So many PDA type phones come with GPS built in and Tom Tom does the job for me on a Windows Mobile device at a fraction of the price.

steve1234
07-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I've got Nav in mine and I have to say I think I would have regretted not ordering it. It's a really nice system (certainly an improvement over the B7 DVD system which was already good), very easy to use and the relocation of the MMI down to the gearlever area is such a good improvement, really adds to the already classy interior. You can, of course, just use a TomTom or something similar but it's not as tidy and you won't get the little display in with the dials etc.

One thing to bear in mind though is with it you loose the SD card slot just incase you had planned to use it.

RichardCranium
07-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Forget the 6 disc changer. If you dont go with sat nav, the stay with the Concert and the SD card slot. Its a marvellous invention!

As for Sat nav....The price tag is a bit steep. I could have it but decided to stay with my Navman and window sucker sat nav, so i can use it other cars; on holiday abroad for example.

Lord Buckingham
07-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replies chaps, more to think about I guess :confused:

Cheers

Richard

jcb
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM
plus - you spend a silly amount on audi sat nav and only get 5-digit postcodes ?? dont understand that ? entering addresses is slow using the MMI dial. i presume the screen is not touch screen like tomtom ?

B6Andy101
07-07-2008, 09:36 PM
As stated if you opt for Sat nav you loose the SD slot. You should get an AUX IN in the car for plugging in an IPOD etc or if you really like your music the AMI would be a good bet to control your IPOD from the steering wheel with it tucked out of sight in your glovebox. Playlists, track names and artwork etc on the colour screen.

mjb-a4
09-07-2008, 12:43 PM
:D Hi,

Just my input, I'm a company car driver so it was not a hard choice to include it.

But if it is your hard earned £2000-Plus I guess I would have second thoughts.

You can get a lot of tomtom for £2000.00!

:beerchug: and beer!

:confused:

Lord Buckingham
09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
As people have said £2K is a lot of cash, it could equal alloys, electric seats, DAB, and B&O, which I think I would get more out of than the NAV. Also now I see on our list the 2.0T Quattro has just appeared, now I really need some thinking time!

Cheers

Richard