PDA

View Full Version : Please Help RCD510 and RNS510 pin-outs

Teflon
06-07-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm just about to pick up a new car, which has the new RCD510 stereo. The dealer told me it was RNS 510 (the Nav unit), but I think he got a bit confused.

Anyway..... first job will be to fit a Parrot bluetooth kit and Parrot Multican, so that I can use the phone with the buttons on the steering wheel. I've done this beofre on the wife's car, but this was the RCD300 radio. I used Autoleads adaptor cables and it was a doddle.

Anybody know if the pin-outs at the back of the RCD510 and RNS510 are the same as the old RCD300?

If not, can you tell me what the differences are?

cheers, Teflon

Froggy
08-07-2008, 10:18 AM
They are both Quadlock / Fakra connections so should be the same.

Teflon
13-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I know the connectors are the same, but I've heard that some of the pinouts are different, e.g. the phone mute.

Come on guys, someone must have a wiring diagram or even just a photo of the label on the back of the RCD510?

I'd really like to make up the cables without needing to pull the radio for a look first.

Froggy
15-07-2008, 12:53 PM
I'll have a look for you - could take a day or 2 to find one though.

Teflon
15-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll have a look for you - could take a day or 2 to find one though.
Many thanks, you're a star.

welshpedro
22-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm just about to pick up a new car, which has the new RCD510 stereo. The dealer told me it was RNS 510 (the Nav unit), but I think he got a bit confused.

Anyway..... first job will be to fit a Parrot bluetooth kit and Parrot Multican, so that I can use the phone with the buttons on the steering wheel. I've done this beofre on the wife's car, but this was the RCD300 radio. I used Autoleads adaptor cables and it was a doddle.

Anybody know if the pin-outs at the back of the RCD510 and RNS510 are the same as the old RCD300?

If not, can you tell me what the differences are?

cheers, Teflon

Sorry I am of no help, but I have a Parrot LS3200 in my B6 Passat with RCD300, and would be great to be able to use steering wheel control. What exactly are the leads I would need?

Teflon
23-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Sorry I am of no help, but I have a Parrot LS3200 in my B6 Passat with RCD300, and would be great to be able to use steering wheel control. What exactly are the leads I would need?
You need a Parrot Multican unit, which is about fifty quid. There are 2 different types depending upon which Parrot you have, but look on thier website.

You also need a Quadlock to Quadlock connector lead and about 20 mins with a soldering iron and some shrink-wrap. I'll look up the Autoleads part number and come back to you.

After making up the harness, you just pull the radio, plug one end into the radio and the other into the original connector. Thay way, there is no alteration to the original wiring on the car.

welshpedro
23-07-2008, 02:05 PM
You need a Parrot Multican unit, which is about fifty quid. There are 2 different types depending upon which Parrot you have, but look on thier website.

You also need a Quadlock to Quadlock connector lead and about 20 mins with a soldering iron and some shrink-wrap. I'll look up the Autoleads part number and come back to you.

After making up the harness, you just pull the radio, plug one end into the radio and the other into the original connector. Thay way, there is no alteration to the original wiring on the car.

Thanks for the info... I've a 3200 Colour Parrot.