PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of dealer fit rear parking sensors?

jkh112
06-07-2008, 06:36 PM
Following on from my earlier thread 'wrong spec ordered', i would appreciate any pics of the dealer fit rear parking sensors fitted to a B8 (on a colour other than black).
My lease company has offered to fit these on my car, but has been told by the dealer that the centres will be black (on a white car!). I really need to see a picture or two so that I can go back to them.
Thanks.

allya
06-07-2008, 06:56 PM
hi, if you look at HotChip's entry on 2nd June showing his new S-line you will see dealer fit sensors. My car arrived at the dealer on Friday and is having pre sprayed sensors fitted tomorrow....

SportyB8
07-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi jkh112,

I had my sensors retro-dealer fitted and they are the same colour as the rest of the paintwork.

I think I'm right in saying that the dealer fit sensors, if they are the OEM part, come pre-sprayed.

If you really want a pic I'll see if I can grab one for you.

dorgan
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi jkh112,

I had my sensors retro-dealer fitted and they are the same colour as the rest of the paintwork.

I think I'm right in saying that the dealer fit sensors, if they are the OEM part, come pre-sprayed.

If you really want a pic I'll see if I can grab one for you.

Can you tell me if the alert sound comes from the radio speakers or from some external speaker fitted in the boot? Do you have any control over the sensor alert sound?

pauldoherty
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
The beeps come from a speaker somewhere in the boot - a pain that it's not linked to the MMI, but I still find it functions pretty well. The sensors look fine also, although mine is black.

jkh112
08-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Discoverd that my car is being prepped by Manchester Audi. Anybody had rear sensors fitted by them?

SportyB8
08-07-2008, 12:06 PM
The beeps come from a speaker somewhere in the boot - a pain that it's not linked to the MMI, but I still find it functions pretty well. The sensors look fine also, although mine is black.

Yeah, as above and I find the 'beeps' a little on the quiet side, not sure if you can hve them turned up in any way?

mjb-a4
09-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Listen I tried them but they don't seem to work!

http://markchandler.eu/images/Bad%20Parking.jpg

:D

Samurai1466
09-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Discoverd that my car is being prepped by Manchester Audi. Anybody had rear sensors fitted by them?

Sorry to say, but, dealer fitted sensors look nowhere as good as the factory fitted ones, they are not flush with the bumper for one. That's why I upgraded to Audi Parking Plus, to have them fitted in the factory.

It's bad that the factory no longer fit the rear sensors, I guess they make more money that way with people upgrading to the front and rear sensors.

Bob1103
10-07-2008, 11:38 AM

I was considering ordering the dealer fit option for my new A4 that's only 3 weeks off delivery now. I was slightly concerned by the dealer fit version protruding from the rear of the car, but the idea of the beeps coming from the boot also sounds a little odd.

Do they work well / are they loud enough to be effective? And do they look ok on a black A4?

Also, when I test drove an A4 with rear parking sensors, if you were listening to music when you put the car in reverse, the audio was muted. Does that still happen?

SportyB8
10-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't think they stick out, at least not on mine!

I find that the beeps could be a little louder and it's not linked to the sound system so it doesn't mute when in reverse, which is a little annoying.

Bob1103
10-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess I can live without the auto mute. Good news that they don't stick out though. Never had parking sensors and quite fancy the idea. I take it they're still effective enough to be useful?

pauldoherty
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I find the system works fine - sure, it would be nice to have the beeps louder but I would rather have it than not. As for the protruding sensors - they look like the facory fit you would have got on most makes of car until the last year or so when they started making them flush - I don't think they look bad.

It doesn't mute the radio unfortunately.

jkh112
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
The Audi dealer has sent me this picture of the sensors to check I am happy. These look different to the ones I have seen in other photos fitted to the B8 but the dealer assures me these are genuine audi sensors. Any comments/views?

steve1234
11-07-2008, 01:39 PM
My car has dealer fit rear sensors done by my local dealer, Brighton Audi. They don't protrude at all and are colour coded. On collection the car was next to the demo that had factory fit and they were identical!!!!! Impossible to tell the difference from the outside.

On the inside they are not linked the MMI which is a shame but the beeps definitely come from the Dashboard.

It sounds like it is "pot-luck" as to who your dealer is and how good a job they do!!! It sounds like some of the ones that have been fitted are the kind a normal car stereo shop would fit for less than a £100!!

The moral of this story, a day trip to sunny Brighton and get some lovely sensors fitted!!!!!

billp2
12-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Pic on here of sensors fitted by dealer, last minute decision to fit them.
http://billp2.picturepush.com/album/25450/907119/Audi-A4-S-Line/P7120857.html