PDA

View Full Version : Door Card/Trim Removal

KEVMAC
14-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi all,
First post and hopefully its a bit of a noddy one!
Can anyone inform me on how to remove the nearside door card/trim FROM A 2001 A4 SALOON as I am experiencing problems with my door speaker (want to inspect wiring).
I am just a little wary of just pulling and levering plastics!!!
However, I have removed the plastic (shiney) trim which revealed 4 screws. Unscrewing these has not really helped yet.
Any help would be appreciated!!
Regards,
k.

JR001
14-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Hiya,
Welcome to the forum!!
Your first step is to prise off the oval shaped plastic bit just under the armrest on the door. There should then be two screws visible. Remove these.
You should then remove the screw in the middle of the bottom section of the door card just where door meets the bottom of the passenger seat.

Then remove the trim going along the door near the top - this clips off, but do it gently so as not to damage any of the securing clips. Pull it towards you, starting from the lock end and work your way towards the dashboard end. There should then be four similar bolts visible that were hidden behind this trim. They run along the length of the door. Remove them.

This will then allow you to remove the door trim that contains the tweeter at the window. Lift the trim about 20cm upwards and remove from door.

Then unclip the 'Bowden' cable (the one with the hook), followed by all other connectors. I believe you are then in a position to remove the door card, which may be secured to the door frame by a clip or two. Prise door card off carefully.

Hope this helps.

Maz
15-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Sounds straight forward, I need to get into the driver side back door, I assume the principle is the same. Could you get some pics up?

JR001
15-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Maz and Mac, PM me your email address and I'll give you pics.

Cheers

stevieboyuk
21-03-2007, 03:47 PM
JR001 could you send me pics as well, i,ll pm you.

madfella65
22-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Maz and Mac, PM me your email address and I'll give you pics.

Cheers
JR001 - can you upload pics for everyone :beerchug: (unless they are copyright protected?:D)

Marinus
13-12-2007, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I am having some power problem towards my electric window console and my central locking. Sometimes it is working and sometimes not.

I want to remove my driver side door panel. I have found the screws behind the plastic trim and the oval clip under the handle but there is some sort of screw underneath the door which does not turn by using a screw driver. I am not sure how to remove this funny looking screw or clip.

Can anyone help

Thanks
Marinus Pretorius