PDA

View Full Version : A6 Avant - Westfalia price/comments

spoolio
05-07-2008, 04:29 PM
I've just been quoted £600+ for a Westfalia detachable bar with a car specific wiring kit and the new 13 pin screw type socket. Is this big money for a Westfalia bar?

My tow barge is a Sept 2001 (facelift) A6 1.9TDI with park sensors. I'm not fussed on the bar being a Westfalia but I really would like it to be invisible when not in use. As far as I know the socket for the current Brink bar hangs down under the bumper which put me off that one a bit. My other A6 has a non detachable Witter bar and I am forever smashing my shins on it getting the dogs in and out, hence the need for a detachable on the "new" car.

Any comments would be welcome.

MikkiJayne
11-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Given that the bar is about £300 from Audi and the wiring kit is about £60-100 you're looking at £200 to fit it.

2-3 hours work to fit it does seem a bit high for a professional. I wouldn't expect it to take that long diy'ing it in on the driveway.

I'd ring around for a few other quotes :)

Mikki

GeoffW15
17-07-2008, 04:19 PM
I've just bought one too from towequipe. Cost me £311 for detachable tow bar, 13 pin specific wiring, 13 pin to 2 x 7pin adapter and P&P.

I did get a quote for £380 fitted but the supplier was a bit vauge about the make of the tow bar. I believe the Westfalia is a good make.
But £600 sounds a bit dear to me. Must be charging £60/hour to fit!