PDA

View Full Version : Serendipitous B8 bits

belly buster
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Thought I would post of few little things I've found out about the B8 which were not immediately obvious. Maybe these are in the handbook but who reads that?

Armrest: This pulls out towards the gear lever and is also on a ratchet to raise it up to make it more useable.

Parking brake: The parking brake will not release automatically if the seat belt is off. To release it you must (according to the display) press the brake pedal and release the parking brake button. However the parking brake will release when pressed (with seatbelt off) if you give it some power and clutch instead of pressing the brake pedal; I find this a bit more convenient.

Auto lights: If its getting wet/grey and you're not sure if the headlights are on, glance up above the centre console; the nice red glow lights will come on and this is easier to see than light next to the switch.

BB

mjb-a4
05-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Useful stuff, keep them coming.

I was in my local dealer today, and that armrest is a great thing.

:D

pauldoherty
05-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Interested to hear anyone else's thoughts - but I think that the quality of the armrest is inferior compared to the build quality of the rest of the car. It's fine when it is fully lowered but I find it creeks and rattles quite a bit when it's raised.

Not a dig deal but just thought I'd respond to the armrest comment. All in all I love it..

Another nice trick is syncing the heating temp by pushing in and holding the drivers' control knob.

I also noticed that you can quickly change the band from am to fm by pressing the radio button - sounds obvious but when you focus only on using the MMI you miss a few of the obvious things.

mjb-a4
05-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Another nice trick is syncing the heating temp by pushing in and holding the drivers' control knob.

This can be done on the B7, but you push a button and hold.

Also, I'd get that armrest seen too, sounds like you hav a doggy one.

:D

B6Andy101
06-07-2008, 10:34 AM
This can be done on the B7, but you push a button and hold.

Same for B6

Foringo
06-07-2008, 03:38 PM
For those that still use CDs the armrest cubby is just the right size to store them horizontally. This is probably what it was designed for....just a shame that they didn't put a little cut-out at one end so you could get your finger on them to pull them out :confused:

browellm
07-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Auto lights: If its getting wet/grey and you're not sure if the headlights are on, glance up above the centre console; the nice red glow lights will come on and this is easier to see than light next to the switch.

BB

This isn't always the case. Sometimes, for instance, in the daytime with heavy rain, the car will switch on the headlights, but not the interior console lighting.