PDA

View Full Version : t/bar touareg

Davidm
13-01-2007, 08:41 PM
anyone have any info regarding t/bar getting fitted to v10 the prices i am getting quoted are out of this world any contacts or advice much appreciated:confused:

RickT
14-01-2007, 11:51 PM
have you tried a after market fitter>?? it Witter?

Contact your local towbar company and they will be able to advise...

just out of intrest how much do VW want?? £700 at a guess??

RickT

Davidm
15-01-2007, 02:13 AM
after market t/bar to date from £700 - to £985 the £985 is the same as vw fit they would want £1500+ thats why asking for advice anyone had one fitted with reasonable price cant get my head around the priceing at the moment compered to bmw x5 need urgent help but thank you for the advice:confused:

RickT
15-01-2007, 03:22 PM
David,

Where abouts are you based.

Thanks

RickT
15-01-2007, 03:33 PM
David..

I have just called my local Towbar fitter and he has quoted £280 + VAT with twin sockets. the is not a detactable one. (however you have not advised you wanted one!) They will need the car for about 5 hours.

Im in the West Yorkshire area.. Where abouts are you??

Cheers

RicKT

Davidm
16-01-2007, 12:35 AM
i am based close to bournemouth,thats excellent price does not have to be detachable,but i dont think that includes a module and some sort of setup from vw but that might be all nonsense,something to do with letting the computor system in the car to relate that a t/bar is fitted,might be the parking senses? but that price is really good have they done one before? could travel there if i work around it thanks a million for advice could you give me there contact thanks:Blush:

RickT
16-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Heres the website..

http://www.eeco-uk-ltd.co.uk/

the only time the parking sensors would screw up is when you put it in reverse.. and it would bleep saying "WALL" when its a caravan!! going forwards fine..

Give them a buzz and tell them your mate called yesterday....

However go onto www.YELL.com (http://www.YELL.com) and type in TOWBAR and your town name... and just do some ringing about... they will all be around that price... my dad got one fitted on his Audi A4 for under £200 all in..

Cheers

RickT

Davidm
16-01-2007, 01:09 AM
thanks will try,did try independant chap gave me a lot of h/tech advice because the model is very high/tech setup,did state had to go to vw to get some setup to let the system know it has t/bar,any truth in that? sounds all crap to me but they are more complicated than x/5 fitting,will make some phone calls,the information from vw is amazing to say the least,really appreciate your time and effort thanks:beerchug:

RickT
27-01-2007, 12:32 PM
How have you got on with this?

RickT

Davidm
27-01-2007, 06:35 PM
thanks for the interest rick no have not managed to get one yet at reasonable price,still looking,could you also advise is it possible to get satnav upgrade which will inc postcodes on the factory satnav in 2004/54 v10 ? cheers:Blush:

RickT
28-01-2007, 01:52 PM
cant help there... im not really into the stanndard Sat nav systems... if it was TOMTOM i could tell you every thing! LOL!!

looks like you may have to spend a bit of time with Mr Google!

Cheers

RickT
07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
How did you get on with this??

RicKT