PDA

View Full Version : New MAF - Mass Air Flow Sensor 1.9TDi

JezzaL
04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
I have an Audi A3 1.9TDi X reg. Can anyone tell me where the best place is to get a new MAF, and at the best price.

jalz
04-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Hello Jezza,

I bought my part from the Audi dealership for £66 inc VAT. The aprt number for the maf was A038 906 461 C.

I used this guide to fit the maf back on http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6571

I found taking the maf off with a tamperproof torx t20 a doddle. however removing the new part from the casing was another story. I couldn't find a screwdriver bit to take the screws off easily. Eventually, after breaking two screwdriver bits and using pliers, managed to get the new screws off. Anyway, used my old screws on the new maf.

Interestinmg you had a window problem. I need to solve why the passenger side isn't working correctly.

Cheers

SEMKY
05-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Just to add to the last... When you replace the MAF, make sure you disconnect the battery.....otherwise, once its done, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then replace....then do a wide ranging drive....slow, fast, motorway. The ECUs re-learn the engines parameters...good luck!