PDA

View Full Version : A6 Multitronic ECU fault 3800miles over warranty

Iskerman
13-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi

My A6. 1.9 130 bhp not 3 years old yet, gear box ECU unit failed on Monday no warning just stopped dead. Has done 63,800 miles and Audi do not want to help at all, what can I do to put pressure on them? The dealer has told me this is not the first one of these to have problems thay applied under a goodwill application. Regular service including gearbox oil etc. Any advice gratefully received.

Mike B
14-01-2007, 11:38 PM
My A6 failed in December in same way. A few tell tail signs when pulling away. Exactly the same response from local dealer - they have quoted me £4700 for new box!! Unfortunately the oil was not changed exactly at 40,000 but car is regularly in garage for servicing. Still they were not interested in contributing despite what appears to be a very regular fault. If anyone has any ideas or can recommend where I can get exchange or repair would be helpful. I understand from other messages Inde-Tech in Milton Keynes do this sort of work?

Thanks

Iskerman
19-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Dealer rang me today after i had been on to customer care again. If I pay £200 dealer and Audi will cover the rest. Deal

Mike B
24-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Finally found garage in Birmingham who charged £1950 (inc VAT) for full replacement recon box. They do repairs themselves. Stated this is becomming a common fault and Audi are trying to walk away!!!!

It seems in US Audi were forced to recall every vehicle with similar box and replace but due to the system iin UK they can get away with it.

This is last Audi I will be buying!!!!!!!!!!

dubelloy
27-03-2007, 05:37 AM
At least you are in Europe, I'm in Chile South America, and have the same problem in my 2003 1.8 Turbo A4 Multitronic (CVT). The transmission stop to work in a red light, and i have to pull the car to the dealer. they said that is the gear box ECU, and as far i cand search on internet it's a comon failure in this transmissions. My car has 40.000 kilometers, fully maintained in the oficial dealer, and i have found no response untill now. The car has been there for one month and a half waiting for a factory courtesy... How long so i have to wait?... I don't know, but the new ECU cost EUR 1.650,00 plus hand work at dealer. I think this is a robery.
LAst week i wrote to AUDI.de they reply telling me that the Chilean Importer is going to contact me... What for? my car is their service and they can't do nothing...
I have found a workshop in the US that said they can fix my ECU. They are AUTOECU.com, and the rebuild cost will be about USD349 whith 3 year warranty (2 more than AUDI factory warrany).
By now i'm still waiting for my dealer (also the official importer) answer about my car.
When the car get fixed (if they can) i will sell it immediately and I don't think to get another again...
Fortunatelly I have other cars now, plus many other before and Never an unsolved problem. This is the first time, and in a soupoused to be "super car (Vosprung Duch Teknik)". What is the diference between AUDI and LADA, YUGO, or Chinesse cars??? Aha!!! THE PRICE (Maybe the other are better)
If any one knows how to get some factory answer and repair, please tell to us.
To who is thinking to buy an AUDI... Beware!!! and learn from those (us) who are now in troubles for buying a car with no factory support.