PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Air con repair getting out of hand

Baggins
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
All I want is my air con working

bought the car last year (52 2.5tdi)

had it re gassed (£50) but didn't solve the problem, left it as was nearing Autumn

this year I have had main dealer change the air con fan and housing changed (£350)
still no joy

took it to an independent who came up with an error code for a recirculating flow flap motor, that was the cause of the clicking the car had, he thought that must be cutting out the air con circuit... a massive job! the whole dash came out with 8 hours labour for an £80 part, still no joy (£522)

he says it now needs a fan motor (another rattle on full fan)
and an air con pump... even he said ouch on that one, he gave me the part number and asked me to locate it as new its £350

so, just shy of £1000 spent and still it doesnt work, I cant afford it but I cant stop now or that money really is wasted

anyone know where I can get a cheap part 4B0 260 805 C ?
as I am broke and still roasting in the car

:(

greg123
16-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Try Euro Car Parts for your compressor.

Can I see the full fault code scan please from which your garage(s) are diagnosing all these parts.

Also I would like to know what happened when your mechanic manually fed 12v to the compressor, did it spin and did any cooling action start.

Is the clutch on the compressor engaging?

Essentially, I do not think there has been a proper diagnosis.....

All I want is my air con working

bought the car last year (52 2.5tdi)

had it re gassed (£50) but didn't solve the problem, left it as was nearing Autumn

this year I have had main dealer change the air con fan and housing changed (£350)
still no joy

took it to an independent who came up with an error code for a recirculating flow flap motor, that was the cause of the clicking the car had, he thought that must be cutting out the air con circuit... a massive job! the whole dash came out with 8 hours labour for an £80 part, still no joy (£522)

he says it now needs a fan motor (another rattle on full fan)
and an air con pump... even he said ouch on that one, he gave me the part number and asked me to locate it as new its £350

so, just shy of £1000 spent and still it doesnt work, I cant afford it but I cant stop now or that money really is wasted

anyone know where I can get a cheap part 4B0 260 805 C ?
as I am broke and still roasting in the car

:(

Baggins
16-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Try Euro Car Parts for your compressor.

Can I see the full fault code scan please from which your garage(s) are diagnosing all these parts.

I didnt get a printout, he hooked up something to the ECU on the car and accessed that from his laptop to show the errors

Also I would like to know what happened when your mechanic manually fed 12v to the compressor, did it spin and did any cooling action start.

he said it had seized

Is the clutch on the compressor engaging?

no idea

Essentially, I do not think there has been a proper diagnosis.....

:sadwavey: