PDA

View Full Version : AMI + USB features?

MPV
03-07-2008, 03:28 PM
First Post... so bit of background first. Current car B6 A4 1.9 TDI Manual, eagerly waiting for new Avant (see below). Great forum this - especially this phase with many awaiting the arrival of their new toy.

I was talking to my dealer today and asked him about AMI + USB features. He wasn't sure but thought that even if you have mp3's neatly arranged in folders on a USB stick, they will all appear as one long list of songs/files. Not like 4-levels of folders on the SD card or the play lists on an ipod. Does anyone know if that is true? Sounds a bit strange.

If not, then the USB stick option would be good compensation for those of us losing out on the SD card because of DVD Sat Nav.

Is there a limit on the size of the USB memory supported?

Thanks!

JohnH99
03-07-2008, 04:30 PM
I've been trying to find out about this. I am about to take delivery of an ex demo 2.7 which has the AMI. I asked the sales guy who turned out to be the Business Manager what was supported but all he could come up with was ipod or USB stick. I have since phoned Audi Customer Services which was bit of a waste of time although they did say that the dealers have a list of supported devices. On talking to the dealer again, (this time the Parts Department) the only thing I was told was that you need a cable and that is another £30.00. So on top of £34000 I have to buy a cable?

AndyH123
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Yep, you have to buy a cable - madness, you don't even get the iPod cable thrown in as part of the deal.

So, my question - has anyone found ANYWHERE in the UK that has USB cables to sell??!

I've got a .pdf kicking around with the complete list of supported devices, it is pretty long and includes up to 250Gb portable hard disks, if I recall correctly. Shout if you'd like me to dig it out and share.

Not sure how the system works in terms of displaying files / folders. I'm assuming its the same as mp3 CDs, just with more :)