PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie

Peter T
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi All,

I am looking for a little advice regarding the xcarlink mp3 interface for my in-car stereo system.

My vehicle is an A3 2007 MY, with a factory fitted Concert radio (double din size) and an audi 6-CD changer in the glove box.

I have a Creative zen MP3 player (120Gb) that I would like to play back through the system. I also want to retain the functionality of the CD changer too.

I have read the spiel from the xcarlink website, :confused: where they say that cd changer functionality is retained, but other sources say that this interface module replaces the cd changer. Who speaks the truth, can any one shed some light on this for me please ?

Also, would I have trouble using my MP3 player ? because I have also read that the interface module is formatted to FAT 32, and hence a max disk size of of 32GB. Could I get around this by using the stereo line in jack instead of USB ?

Any advice and installation tips would be most welcome.

Cheers :beerchug:

Pete T

Jascii
03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Can't help with most of that, but there are utilies available for formatting drives greater than 32Gb. My External 500Gb drive is FAT 32.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAT_32#FAT32 for more info

Peter T
03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks Jascii, all help gratefully received. :approve:

Cheers

Pete T