PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Parking Sensors

mkc
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
A few months a go I understood that B8s were being delivered without rear parking sensors due to quality/sourcing issues. The cost of the car was reduced to reflect this

Anybody know if this has now been resolved, I understand that my car is currently being built (I asked for Audi Window Tints but due to the fact its on the production line they refused to change the order) I wondered if rear parking sensors were now being fitted.

Thanks.

dorgan
03-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I was at the dealer 3 weeks ago and was speaking to one of the head mechanics and going by him the delay is still there.

mkc
03-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess that even if it was fixed, I still wouldnt get them as the price of my car has been reduced without them. So, if they added them the car price would go up which would give the leasing company a complete headache

RichardCranium
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Leasing companies dont like change. It sends them into a right tizzy!

sidemoor
12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
I was told by the dealer that I wouldn't get the rear parking sensors, and they reduced the price, and the leasing company correspondingly reduced their monthly charge.

Then when my car was delivered it had them after all! Not sure if that means the price went back up or not.