PDA

View Full Version : 35 hours and 40minutes of ownership...initial impressions..

JohnsA4
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Exterior....don't get to see much of it really as I'm inside more that out...:D

Interior....by 'eck......it's a cracking place to sit...although I do find myself getting distracted looking at the interior and taking my eyes of the road ahead....

A few observations.....automatic handbrake....why do you have to switch it on???? (I assume the wipers are the same)

Offset pedals....no problem...come from a BMW 3 series so it's home from home there

Those exterior mirrors are big un's

I strangely like the view looking through the rear view mirror...it's almost seems like looking through a letterbox...not that I make a habit of doing that...cough cough:biglaugh:

B6Andy101
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Is that 58 hours and 40 minutes then :D

JohnsA4
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Sorry ...I'm a bit excited..hopefully sorted now....:D

a8 tech
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
A few observations.....automatic handbrake....why do you have to switch it on???? (I assume the wipers are the same)

do you mean hill hold.

JohnsA4
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Aye....

a8 tech
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Dont worry the owners handbook is very very longit reminds me of the lord of the rings.
I belive a good source posted a link to the pre production owners manual in pdf formaton this forum.

RichardCranium
02-07-2008, 09:43 PM
The mirrors are dobbers aren't they? The B7 ones are tiny in comparison.

Tis a nice place to be i agree. Getting a bit of back ache from my sports seats though

jcb
03-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Why the back ache do you think ? i am thinking of the same seats as you - cloth sports seats arent they ? . i tried leather sports and they are hard. cloth ones are usually softer as apparently they use harder foam for leather to stop the leather creasing with age.

RichardCranium
03-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Why the back ache do you think ? i am thinking of the same seats as you - cloth sports seats arent they ? . i tried leather sports and they are hard. cloth ones are usually softer as apparently they use harder foam for leather to stop the leather creasing with age.

I am thinking its just down to different seats from a new car . They are definitely firmer than the leather ones in the Volvo i had. After 3 yrs hard labour they were quite soft, and very comfy.

I fiddled with the lumber support but still not found the right position.

I'm just hoping its not because of the offset pedals that are making me sit at a funny angle

browellm
03-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I used to suffer with backache, but have got rid of it completely now by having the backrest in my cars at a shallower angle. This seems to stop my lower spine from "pinching" and restricting blood flow around the area.

two_paracetamol
03-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Sorry to change the subject slightly but still related to nice inner environment of A4... How do you find the B&O

JBlues
03-07-2008, 02:26 PM

Some people are not that keen to use it. I'm sure that in time Audi will go the same way as VW did with the Passat and make it standard along with the EPB and therefore those that don't like using it can turn it off.

It's the same on the B6 Passat - you have to activate Hill Hold each time you start the car. It's pure habit now after nearly 3 years. The wipers once they are in the auto position should activate without the need to reset each time the car is started. Older systems e.g. Peugeot (sorry all....I will chant six hail Emden's and borrow the loo brush) you had to reset the auto wipers each time you started the car.

allya
03-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Do Peugeot not make bikes??!!!!

JBlues
04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Do Peugeot not make bikes??!!!!

Couldn't possibly comment.

RichardCranium
04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
we've got 2 407's in our fleet. ((shudder))

tomtom20
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
we've got 2 407's in our fleet. ((shudder))

Oh dear..I used to have a 405 back in the day (was a K reg) worst seats I have ever expereinced for back ache, horrible fit and plastic inside but..Very quick off the mark. Also last car I had not to have a CAT fitted which helped it breath more..

belly buster
05-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I find the hill hold good when edging uphill but a PITA downhill so I like the fact it is switch on-and-offable