PDA

View Full Version : Attention National Tyres - Cheap Castrol Oil & Filter change

Loofer
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Came across http://www.national.co.uk/promotionpop.asp?offer=pressad-jun08c.gif after somebody mentioned on moneysavingexpert.com

I rang them up and they quoted me £37.

That includes labour, oil filter and Castrol.
The price they quoted me for was the correct oil too Castrol Edge 5w 40 which meets the 501.1 spec

I couldn't believe it. The oil alone costs that much. I had already bough an oil and air filter off ebay for £10, was just shopping around for some VW PD spec oil. The cheapest would have been £25.

I normally pay £10 labour to have my oil and filter changed by local guy.

I'll be booking mine in soon (oh and you can collect clubcard points - a whopping 37 points)!

hagis
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Cheers for that, my A4 will be due for it's 10k change in another 4000 miles and there's one just up the road from where I work.

Captain Answer
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Peanuts.. monkeys

Seriously are you that bothered about saving a few quid? I'd rather take it to someone I trust (thats usually me)

Loofer
03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Peanuts.. monkeys
That was my concern but I thought about what could possibly go wrong.

Tech may not replace fuel filter correctly (pushed all the way in, with a bit of oil on the O ring first)
Fuel filter cap/cover not secured.
Sump plug not secured.
Thread damaged on sum plug.
Oil spilt over the engine bay
Under tray/belly pan not secured

A modestly competent technician should be able to avoid any of the above happening.

My only remaining and most gravest concern is that they put the wrong oil in... but I would stress the importance of the oil I require when dropping the car off.

The offer will be on untill the end of the year, I've been told