PDA

View Full Version : liquid blue

jcb
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
anyone got / seen a liquid blue A4 ? the swatches in the brochure are next to useless. Aruba blue looks really dark (as dark as my Stratos blue A6) but having seen one in the flesh i know its a lot brighter. how close to silver is liquid blue ?

B6Andy101
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Liquid blue is a million miles from any of the silvers. Its a pale blue, doesn't realy make a statement. I went to look at one at Leeds Audi, I have to say its not a colour I would go for.

dorgan
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
It does well to see the colours on a bright day and on a dull day to see how the colour reacts to the different lighting conditions. I remember I ordered my A3 Sportback in dolphin grey (I think) and changed my mind to black after I saw it on a sunny day where it looked a shade of brown.

tomtom20
03-07-2008, 02:33 AM
My local Audi dealer had actual squares of metal sprayed with the paint. I know it is not ideal, but a hundred times better than a paper printed or screen image on a colour so if all else fails seeing one in the flesh it is the next best option to try.

JBlues
03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
anyone got / seen a liquid blue A4 ? the swatches in the brochure are next to useless. Aruba blue looks really dark (as dark as my Stratos blue A6) but having seen one in the flesh i know its a lot brighter. how close to silver is liquid blue ?

I saw a liquid blue saloon for the first time yesterday and I really liked it. I currently have a Liquid Blue Passat B6 and (IMHO) looks good. I very nearly went for it on the B8 Avant but to be honest the swatch in the brochure and the 3D representation on the Audi website put me off because it looked quite wishy-washy. The one I saw in the flesh yesterday looked really good. I think it stands out well in cloudy / overcast condtions (which we all see rather alot!) and in bright sunlight looks nice and shiny. It very rarely looks dirty as well, even in winter when you get all the road salt residue everywhere. I'm begining to regret ordering Aruba now!