PDA

View Full Version : Question Bluefin Chipping

Samurai1466
02-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Watching Quentin Wilson on ITV's Tonight program about how to save fuel got me thinking about chipping my new A4 using the Bluefin system. I believe it's simple to use, simply plug it into the car's diagnostic port and it will chip the ECU to give more BHP, etc. I think the Bluefin would give my 3.0 TDI an extra 38 BHP taking it from 240 BHP to 278 BHP.

However, the Bluefin system currently only goes up to 230 BHP models.

Since this is new to me any help would be appreciated before I decide to buy or not as it costs £499 for Bluefin...

Has anyone here chipped their new TDI with Bluefin? If so, did the improved performance save on fuel?

Plife
02-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Watching Quentin Wilson on ITV's Tonight program about how to save fuel got me thinking about chipping my new A4 using the Bluefin system. I believe it's simple to use, simply plug it into the car's diagnostic port and it will chip the ECU to give more BHP, etc. I think the Bluefin would give my 3.0 TDI an extra 38 BHP taking it from 240 BHP to 278 BHP.

However, the Bluefin system currently only goes up to 230 BHP models.

Since this is new to me any help would be appreciated before I decide to buy or not as it costs £499 for Bluefin...

Has anyone here chipped their new TDI with Bluefin? If so, did the improved performance save on fuel?
Can't give an opinion on TDI. Did have it on a previous car and it made a big difference in the power and pull of the car. Saved me nothing on fuel as I couldn't resist putting my foot down.

To buy to save fuel not likely in my book. To buy for increased performance.....definitely!

It is really simple. You plug it in to the diagnostics port press a few buttons and 15 minutes later done. You can replace the engine map back to standard as well if needs be.

Raoul_Duke
12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Are there any Bluefin chips available for the 2.0Tdi B8 yet? (140hp version)

I would be very interested in this if it was possible, would there be a risk to the reliabilty of the car with this upgrade?

Issac Hunt
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
You always take a risk when re-mapping - Your putting extra strain on the entire drivetrain at the end of the day. You CANNOT guarantee you will have no problems.

My 2.0 TDI(B7) has bluefin, covered 21k with no issues so far.

Dont buy it to save fuel though, mpg MIGHT increase by 1 or 2 at the most. Buy it for the performance increase only. If you want to save fuel then slow down!!

Raoul_Duke
12-09-2008, 10:17 AM
You always take a risk when re-mapping - Your putting extra strain on the entire drivetrain at the end of the day. You CANNOT guarantee you will have no problems.

My 2.0 TDI(B7) has bluefin, covered 21k with no issues so far.

Dont buy it to save fuel though, mpg MIGHT increase by 1 or 2 at the most. Buy it for the performance increase only. If you want to save fuel then slow down!!

Yeah, I'd be buying for improved performance, no worries about that.