PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Question 2002 A4 Avant

Gazz
12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Out of curiosity i set off my alarm, (left the kids inside) to hear what it sounded like so i could recognise it if ever there was a problem. Heres my question theres no alarm as such only the horn and flashing indicators is this correct on all models or should there be an additional siren ?

diode
13-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Out of curiosity i set off my alarm, (left the kids inside) to hear what it sounded like so i could recognise it if ever there was a problem. Heres my question theres no alarm as such only the horn and flashing indicators is this correct on all models or should there be an additional siren ?

Thats the same as mine in a 2001 A4
There is an additional siren horn in the boot with its own battery back-up
I get the feeling its a thatcham accessory rather than a workable noise.
I know if I was a car thief the noise would make me run for miles to the nearest nurse to stitch my sides back together.

I hope you tested it at about 03:00 hours to garner suitable reaction :biglaugh:

RickT
13-01-2007, 02:08 AM
as standard its not very loud... due to noise levels reductions etc... i know its a joke... however if you want to read some thing to get you peaved off... read this

http://www.city-journal.org/html/12_1_lets_ban.html

www.bancaralarms.org/ (http://www.bancaralarms.org/)

like i have said before.... these people i bet dont own a car or even if they do ... it will be a rust bucket that no one wants and would only get nicked as a joke!!

this subject gets me worked up after reading the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RickT

RickT
13-01-2007, 02:12 AM
the people who right these links... should not be allowed HOUSE alarms!! can you imgine.. their house getting robbed and every thing they own is stolen!! i bet they wont say... never mind... at least i didnt wake the neghbours......

I said this gets my back up!!!

if i knew the authors of these sites i would loved to live next door and get a FOG horn as a car alarm!!! lets see who cant sleep now!!! (you know the high deep long tone for a few hours should help!!!)

RicKT

Gazz
13-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Cheers. Does anyone know if an additional alarm (siren) can be added ?