PDA

View Full Version : Who hid the Battery?

tomtom20
01-07-2008, 05:32 PM
OK, this may seem somewhat silly but I noticed that say if you need a jump start, there are + and - marked places in the engine bay (and the manual refers to these to use if jump starting)

Great, but where is the battery? I usually like to keep the terminals clean and also handy to know where it is should it need replacing in the future. I have not seen anything in the manual as to where it is, and after having a look about the engine bay I can't see anything either.

Wondering if anyone out there knows where the battery is? It is hardly small but I be damned if I can see where it might be hidden lol....

kenney
01-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I think you will find it in the luggage compartment

digigriffin
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
I was shown the connections under the bonnet for jump starting etc.

I think I was told that the battery is under there rear seat?

I know I have lifted the rear of the boot where the spare wheel is and there was no sign of it there.

I have also explored the cubby holes in the boot on either side, not there either

So I think I must have heard right as under the rear seat is the only place I haven't yet looked.

Although I have not been looking for the battery just nosing around.

tomtom20
01-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Argh..Well never would have throught of thinking it could be there, makes a lot of sense though if it is 'inside' the car, dry and not as exposed to the cold. Thanks for the clues though!

Waister
01-07-2008, 10:12 PM
The battery is actually under the spare wheel. You need to take the spare wheel out first.

neilb
01-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Correct, the battery is under the spare wheel in the boot, take a look and you will also find your tool kit and lots of other nice little goodies !!

nlb.

tomtom20
01-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Great thanks for the info! Mine is a lease car, and they gave me a goody bag of coolent, oil (not for this engine haha) hi vis jacket, notepad and pen, warning triangle and tax disc holder..Oh and all in a sort of overnight bag.

This is why I like this forum, small things like in manual tells you how to change a bulb and use the tools in the kit..But not where the kit is. Like shortly after I got the car I discovered the firt aid kit lurking behind the centre armrest. Simple things like that are nice touches.

mkc
02-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Battery is most probably in the boot/rear to add weight to assist the balance of the car. BMW do this to help with their 50/50 weight rear wheel drive distribution.

With the placement of the engine forward on the new Audi's they probably moved it to the back to help with the way the car handles IMHO.

RichardCranium
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Great thanks for the info! Mine is a lease car, and they gave me a goody bag of coolent, oil (not for this engine haha) hi vis jacket, notepad and pen, warning triangle and tax disc holder..Oh and all in a sort of overnight bag.

This is why I like this forum, small things like in manual tells you how to change a bulb and use the tools in the kit..But not where the kit is. Like shortly after I got the car I discovered the firt aid kit lurking behind the centre armrest. Simple things like that are nice touches.

My lease company gave a No Smoking sticker to put in the windscreen....Thanks!:(

Where is the tool kit BTW?

digigriffin
02-07-2008, 09:18 AM
You should (I think) find the tool kit under the spare wheel in the boot.