PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on 1.9TDI Sumps

Clinterous
01-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I have to change the sump on my A6 1.9TDI (2003 AWX) and wondered if the sump is identical to all the 1.9TDI sumps from other VAG models?

i.e. trying to save £2.50 by getting a secondhand sump instead of a new one.

Cheers in advance.

paul b
01-07-2008, 10:57 PM
For £2.50 difference, buy a new one. What is the problem with the sump on yours, as they can be repaired depending on what damage there is.

As for whether they are different...
An automatic TDI is most likely to have a different sump to the 5 speed manual you have. Also, I think if you were to source a used one, you would have to get one from a 130bhp TDI like yours. There is only one other type of PD130 apart from AWX, and that is a 6 speed version. Due to this, I imagine sourcing a used one could be difficult.

Paul

Turbokiisseli
02-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Any longitutally mounted PD TDI engine should fit, but I'd keep to the 131bhp models AWX (5 speed) and AVF (6 speed).

Clinterous
02-07-2008, 09:07 AM
For £2.50 difference, buy a new one. What is the problem with the sump on yours, as they can be repaired depending on what damage there is.

As for whether they are different...
An automatic TDI is most likely to have a different sump to the 5 speed manual you have. Also, I think if you were to source a used one, you would have to get one from a 130bhp TDI like yours. There is only one other type of PD130 apart from AWX, and that is a 6 speed version. Due to this, I imagine sourcing a used one could be difficult.

Paul

I was being sarcastic about the £2.50 thing. The plug hole thread is messed up, and apparently it's just as cheap to get a new sump as it is to repair the thread.:(

adamss24
02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Dealer sell brand new sump cover for about £65 including Vat. Get a new gasket or silicone sealant and have the new one fitted, as the old one will have to be removed anyway... Second hand ones might cost half price but most breakers tend to sell engines complete and you will have to source a suitable replacement and have it removed wich is messy !