PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Rear Head Rests

RichardCranium
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if the rear head rests can be removed?
The reason I ask is that my daughters high back booster seat needs the back raising a tad to allow for her recent growth. Even with the head rest at its upper most point the booster seat will not sit flat against the car seat back rest, and is basically leaning on the head rest. Therefore i need to remove the head rest for her comfort and safety.

Any ideas....apart from not letting the kids in my car full stop! or spending a kings ransom on another chair for her.

JBlues
01-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know if the rear head rests can be removed?
The reason I ask is that my daughters high back booster seat needs the back raising a tad to allow for her recent growth. Even with the head rest at its upper most point the booster seat will not sit flat against the car seat back rest, and is basically leaning on the head rest. Therefore i need to remove the head rest for her comfort and safety.

Any ideas....apart from not letting the kids in my car full stop! or spending a kings ransom on another chair for her.

They should come out with the slide of a button but you may have to tilt the seat backs to slide the head rest all the way out.

RichardCranium
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
I tried briefly this morning. pushed the button and slid them all the way but wouldnt actually come out. I'll have a proper go later, or may be i'll ask the dealer when i go back this aft

tomtom20
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Try this: Press the release pin and push up on headrest when it reaches the top carefully push the headrest towards the centre of the car then pull towards the front of the car then push up on the headrest. Repeat this 4-5 time each time you get a little more play in it and then it comes out.