PDA

View Full Version : Rear Electric window problem

davedex
01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
The rear window on my 1995 Passat Saloon has stopped working. Before it totally packed up it would very intermittently go down by itself when starting the car up.
I have put a brand new (VW PART) motor in and connected it up but still no joy, There is a black electrical connector box which I have also replaced but the window does not work. The Heynes manual says that there is a thermal cut out switch - is this in this balck connector box or is it somewhere else that i am not looking. If anyone else has experience in this matter i would be eternally grateful as it may stop me pulling my hair out!!!

Jellyvelcro
17-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Check that the wires are not damaged as the pass from the door to the car body. They are inside the rubber gaiter, this peels back easily and you will probably find one or more of these wires broken. Just repair these with some electrical connectors. Job done!

davedex
21-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I told my friend what you said & he tried it & hey presto the window wire had a split in! A quick solder & it is working as good as new!! Thanks very much! Now got to see if the dealer will take the electric mechanism part back for a refund!!