PDA

View Full Version : I have LED lights without S-line

nadeem85
30-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone,
I live in lebanon and i bought an A4 Saloon. I havent seen it yet since im not coming back to my country before the end of the month but i have seen many topics saying that Led lights dont come without the S-line A4.
Following are SOME of the specs of my car as sent to me by the official audi dealer:

- Audi A4 B8, 1.8T FSI, 4cyl, 160 bhp, model year 2008.
Color: Phantom black pearl effect
Milano leather seat cover: Mustang brown color
Micrometallic interior styling
Electromechanical parking brake
Four spoke multifunction steering wheel
17’’ alloy wheels, 7 arm structure design/Tires 225/50
Space saving spare wheel
Tinted glass
MMI Basic
Intelligent key remote controlled
Interior mirror with auto dim function
Light and rain sensor
Exterior mirrors, electrically folding, adjustable & heated
Micrometallic grey inlay
Electronic vehicle immobilization device
Radio concert, Audi sound system
CD player
Cruise control
Front fog light
Xenon plus with LED
Headlight washer jet system
Auto headlight range adjustment dynamic
Automatic A/C with sun sensor
Multifunction display
Metallic color

How come i have Xenon plus with LED without the S-line ?

B6Andy101
30-06-2008, 09:17 PM
LED's you lucky bugger....you're gonna be popular on here !!

...... Enjoy it.

tomtom20
30-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I suspect because it is not UK spec. Have heard that non S-Line models outside of the UK are speced with the L.E.D daytime runnin lights and Xenon Headlights.

:-( You are indeed lucky to have them!

jcb
30-06-2008, 09:44 PM
so time to look at an imported vehicle then ? i am a private buyer paying with cash...is it feasible to import a right hand drive model ?

Samurai1466
30-06-2008, 09:59 PM
At the beginning, a few A4 SE models went to the UK equipped with LED lights before Audi UK changed the policy to only include them on S-Line models.

JohnH99
01-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I have just bought one of those cars. There are a few on the Audi website although they all seem to be 2.7 tdi multis in Deep Sea Blue with Beige interiors - lots of extras included. Just waiting to collect it now.

tomtom20
01-07-2008, 02:55 PM
so time to look at an imported vehicle then ? i am a private buyer paying with cash...is it feasible to import a right hand drive model ?

You could yes. I know that what is 'meant' to be and the reality of importing is very different. You could do it yourself, or you could take some of the hassle out and use an importer (but have to pay them also)

Although you can still get bargins, gone are the days of huge savings to be had by taking a trip over to Europe and picking up a car. But it is E.U law that means us Brits could go to a Audi dealer in say France, order a car there and have it in right hand drive so that would not be a problem. But where the problems come is paperwork and not all dealers over in Europe want to play ball with pesky foreigners wanting such n such spec and right hand drive I am sure means more paperwork and trouble for them, but sure is an option worth investigating if a private buyer!

dorgan
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Received my A4 Avant today. Also have Xenons with LED lights and was pleased to discover that I have the option of turning the LEDs off if I want.

AndyH123
07-07-2008, 05:07 PM
At the beginning, a few A4 SE models went to the UK equipped with LED lights before Audi UK changed the policy to only include them on S-Line models.

Indeed they did, and I consider myself very lucky to have one :)

Red 2
13-08-2008, 08:15 PM

Yes, I ordered my SE in October and was later told before delivery by my dealer that Audi had dropped the Xenons as an SE option but would honour the orders already placed.

Similarly, the early cars all had rear sensors as standard but that was later changed to be part an option. Strange people, marketing men!

My A4 arrived in March with all the options and October spec items fitted.

Satch
15-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes, I ordered my SE in October and was later told before delivery by my dealer that Audi had dropped the Xenons as an SE option but would honour the orders already placed.

Similarly, the early cars all had rear sensors as standard but that was later changed to be part an option. Strange people, marketing men!

My A4 arrived in March with all the options and October spec items fitted.

You had a long wait. From October to March.:(
I ordered mine at the end of January and got it in April.

No LED's:zx11: I won't even go there, it still riles me.:mad:

Red 2
18-08-2008, 07:22 PM
You had a long wait. From October to March.:(
I ordered mine at the end of January and got it in April.

No LED's:zx11: I won't even go there, it still riles me.:mad:

Was a long wait until the launch and adding the options made it worse otherwise early Feb would've been the date. Won't mention you know what again!:biglaugh:

Phantom_racer
19-08-2008, 09:25 AM
LED can be fitted to all A4's, not only S-line models, at least that is the situation in Eastern Europe:p