PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel

Samurai1466
30-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I've noticed that my three-spoke steering wheel is slightly tilted to the left (bottom spoke sitting at 7pm instead of 6pm) when driving along the road in a straight line. I've got the car booked into the local dealer to get it properly aligned... a small, but niggly thing.

Has anyone else found this too?

mluton
30-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Me again, i had a slight Issue with the steering on mine and after 2 wheel aligment setups, I decided to live with it as the correction did no good.

After a few months I played with the tyre pressures and even though one side was running 2 PSI higher the steering was better but still not bang on.

Then I got 2 new front tyres fitted as I was in need of new rubber and amazingly, steering is now pin point perfect.

Samurai1466
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
I know what you mean mluton... I had a steering wheel correction done at the Audi dealer today, now instead of the bottom spoke lying slightly to the left, it's now lying slightly to the right! I can't understand how they can't get the spoke sitting correctly :(

I checked the air pressure in the tyres and they are perfect so that's not the problem.

Has anyone got the issue of their steering wheel sitting squint when they are driving along in a straight line? Perhaps I'm just over-fussy!

Samurai1466
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Car went back to the dealer today who finally sorted the position of the steering wheel. What a carry on!

mluton
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Car went back to the dealer today who finally sorted the position of the steering wheel. What a carry on!

What did they end up doing ?

Dudey Head
09-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I'd be happy if the whole car wanted to go in a straight line, let alone the steering wheel! Tramlining & wandering galore. Investigations have been under way for a while & are continuing!

Samurai1466
09-07-2008, 07:11 PM
What did they end up doing ?

Just the tracking, but this time correct.

mluton
09-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Just the tracking, but this time correct.

Nice one, Must depend on the setter:biglaugh: