PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be new Jetta Owner?

twin_40s2000
30-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi folks, just been reading up on the forum and it's really full of some usefull info. It's company car change time for me and I have narrowed it down to two cars, either a Passat 170TDI SEL or a Jetta 140TDI Sport.

I'm posting in both forum areas for some comments and feedback so see what would suit me best...

Some background, I'm chaging from a Seat Leon FR Tdi, do around 25k per year, a lot of motorway, but I love my weekend twisty fun which is why I went for the Leon in the forst place. I'm going to try and get a test drive in both VW's, however this may be subject to my local dealer having any at the time.

I love the interior of the Passat, but I'm not too sure on the handling of them, perhaps the 18" Chigago sport option needs adding, anyone done this? But this car is a LOT bigger than my tiny Leon, not had a car this big before!

I love the exterior of the Jetta, however I'm not stuck on the interior and I think I'd need to add the sensor pack to get cruise and parking sensors. Loving the spice red :D

Is the 140Tdi in the Jetta as good as the 170 in the Passat? I think I read up somewhere that the 170 is not much more noticable than the 140....

Tax wise, the Passat would cost me £30 per month more than the Jetta in BIK, so thats another deciding factor.

Just after some comments from owners before I go and drive them for myself, anything I should look for and be aware of.

Thanks in advance...

twin_40s2000
02-07-2008, 10:04 PM
It's a bit quiet in the Jetta forum :D

shepster
03-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Cant speak about the cars but i am in the same boat should i get a jetta or go for the passat???, so any info is much appreciated :approve:

beesleydog
12-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Got a Jetta 2.0 Tdi Sport in June and I think its a great car :biggthump.
Had a A3 1.6 Se which I had for 3 years from new and I liked very much but the Jetta beats it hands down for mpg, speed etc.
My other half also changed from an A4 avant 2.0 Tdi Se to an A6 avant 2.0 Tdi S line multitronic and I find that she also likes the drive of the Jetta as it drives much the same as her old A4.
Yes the interior is pretty basic but I understand that the boot is bigger than the Passat.:wiggle:
I would say buy a Jetta as a friend has just bought a Golf 2.0 Gt Tdi and he states that the Jetta is fitted out to the same spec.
I think that the Jetta is also cheaper than the same spec Golf, Passat and thats a good point. More beer tokens for the weekend:beerchug:.
Mine came with cruise control, auto lights, auto wipers but no parking sensors. But guess what sourced a set from the internet which were colour coded and fitted all on my own for a grand price of £22. These look like the factory fitted sensors and work a treat. :biglaugh:
Yet more beer tokens :beerchug:

I currently looking into getting a MFD sat nav of the net.

Need to save more tokens though.:1zhelp:

Once again I say buy the JETTA.:fing02:

CMcK
31-08-2008, 05:10 PM
How long did you have to wait for your Jetta after placing the order? I'm trying to find out how long cars from the factory in Mexico take from build to dealership.

twin_40s2000
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
How long did you have to wait for your Jetta after placing the order? I'm trying to find out how long cars from the factory in Mexico take from build to dealership.

Mine's on order, 12 week wait....

JLamy
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Im my opinion, you should go for the Jetta. It would be closer to your current / previous car handling wise, as the Passat is a bit of a whale at times when going through corners at speed. I would recommend opting for both the sensor pack and winter pack, and the multifunction steering wheel if budget allows. The Jetta Sport is quite good spec as stock, but the additional features of the packs would complete the feature list nicely. It is a shame that VW deleted the puddle lights from the Jetta mid 2006.

JLamy
02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
... I understand that the boot is bigger than the Passat.:wiggle:
Is that true, given that the Passat is generally a bigger car?

01V5
08-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I just went from a Bora to a Jetta and love it! So many standard features (e.g. Auto lights, mirrors and wipers, tire pressure monitor, parking sensors etc). And that the boot pops open at the press of a button! But i'm sure the Passat does that also!

jpjetta
08-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I just went from a Bora to a Jetta and love it! So many standard features (e.g. Auto lights, mirrors and wipers, tire pressure monitor, parking sensors etc). And that the boot pops open at the press of a button! But i'm sure the Passat does that also!

i have 07 jetta tdi i love it buy one mint