PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Roll Bar problem

dresvillage
29-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Anti-Roll Bar problem.

Ive recently lowered my X-Reg A3 1.8T using a raceland coilover kit, and have recently discovered that the anti-roll bar is badly touching the driveshaft, however this is only happning on the off-side of the car. The near-side anti-roll bar is not touching the near-side drive shaft and has about 16cm of a gap between the driveshaft and the anti-roll bar.

I have checked that all of the mounts, bolts and nuts are fitted correctly and are tight and have accuratly measured the coilovers to ensure that they are all the same height and that the adjuster rings are tight.

Any Ideas anybody?:1zhelp:

Singlespeed
30-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Theres 3 options open to you...
1. Raise the spring platforms to give clearance, not forgetting to allow clearance for full compression under load.

2. I am sure I've seen modified antiroll bars somewhere, which have a deeper bend to reach over the drive shaft. Edit www.awesome-gti.co.uk (http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/vw%20golfmk4/suspension.html)

3. Get some modified drop links to move the arb away from the drive shaft.

However if the ARB mounting or drop link bushes are worn, you could find a bit ( or loose ) some clearance by replacing these. Powerflex ARB kit took less than 2 hours to fit from start to finish.

dresvillage
03-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the advice Singlespeed, im gona look into a ned arb, ill let you know how i get on:beerchug: