PDA

View Full Version : Filter change on 2.5TDi

wanstronian
12-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Before I take off all the plastic protective engine covers, can anybody tell me how easy it is to change the oil, air and fuel filters on the Audi 2.5 TDi (1999) engine?

Thanks

adamss24
12-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Before I take off all the plastic protective engine covers, can anybody tell me how easy it is to change the oil, air and fuel filters on the Audi 2.5 TDi (1999) engine?

Thanks
Verry easy, the oil filter is loccated on the right hand side(passenger) and you will need a big socket(32mm i think) to undo the black plastic housing, also the front under shield needs to be remmoved to gain acces to the sump's plug. Its good to warm the engine prior changing the oil as it will drain quicker ! Be carrefull not to scald yourself when draining the oil. Use common sense ! Please note the way the filter goes as its important ! Replace the O ring seal supplied in the kit(genuine/OEM quallity filters from dealer, Euro car parts, GSF, etc.) Air filter is in the big black box on the left hand side(driver side) and you need to unclip and replace the filter. Fuel(diesel filter) is loccated on the driver side and make shure you fill it with clean diesel to minimise the strain on the battery, also note the way the pipes go ! Thats it. Take your time and have a beer when you done !