PDA

View Full Version : folding mirrors

jcb
29-06-2008, 06:39 PM
do they fold automatically when you turn the ignition off / lock the car or do you have to manually fold them using a switch ?

B6Andy101
29-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I have electrically folding mirros on my B6, these are folded using a the mirror adjustment switch (three positions Left, Fold, Right). Not sure about the B8 though. I'm sure we will get a reply shortly....

firelogic
30-06-2008, 03:33 AM
on the MMI you could personalize the folding mirror feature to fold it manually (by pressing the folding mirror button) or automatically. By automatically the mirror will fold when you lock the car and unfold when you turn on the ignition...

moptisam2
30-06-2008, 05:28 AM
JCB - As Firelogic says you can set them to fold automatically. I don't have SatNav, so my controls are on the dashboad.

Of the 6 buttons I choose Car, then Central Locking and then Retract Mirrors is the last option. To access any of the options under Car, you have to have the ignition turned on.

jcb
30-06-2008, 11:00 AM
thats interesting - we have an A6 with folding mirrors and i couldnt find and auto option on the car settings. i will have another look. the MMI might be different / updated on the A4 B8. not got my A4 yet as i need to seel the A6 first but just makin up my options list !! cheers

alexcf
30-06-2008, 03:24 PM
On mine, when I start the car they fold out, and then when I lock the car, they fold in. It's quite handy as I often forget to lock my other car, so I know when this is locked as the mirrors are in ;)

Red 2
13-08-2008, 08:26 PM
JCB - As Firelogic says you can set them to fold automatically. I don't have SatNav, so my controls are on the dashboad.

Of the 6 buttons I choose Car, then Central Locking and then Retract Mirrors is the last option. To access any of the options under Car, you have to have the ignition turned on.

Yup, very useful in tight spaces moving forward although my ones won't work above crawling pace.

Foringo
18-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Useful but controls could have been a lot better thought out.

Why didn't they design them to fold whilst driving? To me that's a significant benefit in reducing the width of the car when negotiating narrow gaps.

Also the rotary control knob feels cheap with a nasty action to it. A separate button (like most other cars!) to fold them would have been a good idea.

Still a worthwhile option though.