PDA

View Full Version : anyone with sports seats - tilt adjust ?

jcb
29-06-2008, 06:28 PM
anyone out there got sports seats that are NOT electric ? if so could you please tell me if they have a manual adjuster to raise / lower the front of the seat base (ie tilt the base behind your knees). i currently have an A6 with sports seats and find this useful but my seats are electric. many thanks.

HighwayTG
29-06-2008, 06:41 PM
anyone out there got sports seats that are NOT electric ? if so could you please tell me if they have a manual adjuster to raise / lower the front of the seat base (ie tilt the base behind your knees). i currently have an A6 with sports seats and find this useful but my seats are electric. many thanks.

Yes, front can be lowered or raised with the pump action lever.

jcb
29-06-2008, 06:43 PM
thanks - so not much point paying for elec seat adjusment really. its nice to have but not that necessary.

moptisam2
30-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Highway TG is right.

I have manual sports seats and find this facility gives excellent support when driving.

RichardCranium
30-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I have them too. Nice feature. In fact the seats are very adjustable indeed. I like the extendable seat base. I find it very comfortable for motorway driving.

My boss had a drive recently, and he's a short ar$e. Took me ages to get the seat back to where i wanted it. He fiddled with everything.:(

cactusgreen
30-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Yes, front can be lowered or raised with the pump action lever.

Is this not the seat base (ie height) not just tilt part of the base :confused: Thought you only got seat base tilt adjustment with the elec seats....a sort of base rake.... so how do you use the pump lever to raise just the front part of the base and not the rear...as jcb asked...to support behind the knee more...

I've had full elec seats and miss the base tilt on the sports seats in the B5 - you got elec lumbar...they have the extra bolster parts for the knee area, but the base of the seat stays flat....the elec ones tilted so you could rais just the front....

RichardCranium
30-06-2008, 06:27 PM
you can alter the seat height with pump action lever on the side of the seat base (door side). this feels like it is moving from the back of the seat base. There is also a lever at the front right hand side of the seat base to alter the height of the front of the seat.

it like being in a dentists chair:p