PDA

View Full Version : Transporter model ID

lunepilot
29-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Hello
Can anyone tell me what years are classed as T4 and what are T5,s in the Transporter range of vans :confused:
Thanks

bdmcengineering
03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi mate, I'm in the hunt for a transporter just now and have spent hours on eBay and Autotrader hunting. From what I can deduce, the T4 model ran up to 2003, with some examples on late registration scraping into early 2004. You can get an early T5 on a 53 plate, but generally from 2004 onwards. The vans, although the same basic shape, have distinct differences in styling, and the internal load space is increase on the equivalent T5 models. Hope this helps.

lunepilot
03-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Hi mate, I'm in the hunt for a transporter just now and have spent hours on eBay and Autotrader hunting. From what I can deduce, the T4 model ran up to 2003, with some examples on late registration scraping into early 2004. You can get an early T5 on a 53 plate, but generally from 2004 onwards. The vans, although the same basic shape, have distinct differences in styling, and the internal load space is increase on the equivalent T5 models. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that.Cheers
Also dont know if your interested but British Car Auctions get a lot of ex lease VW,s in good nick low mileage etc.Still have to pay the VAT though.;)