PDA

View Full Version : Octavia estate rear speakers

david muir
28-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Hi there, New to forum -just bought an Octavia estate, 90 bhp, V reg, 24000 miles.
Very pleased already. Doesn't seem to have rear speakers for radio/stereo and can't see where they would fit!....am I being thick?
Thanks

Crasher
28-06-2008, 08:56 PM
The main units are in the shelf sides and the tweeters in the doors.

david muir
28-06-2008, 08:58 PM
which 'shelf sides'?

Crasher
29-06-2008, 01:13 AM
For the roll out load cover. I will take some pics of mine in the morning. If I go out there at 1 in the morning in my dressing gown taking pictures I will get arrested!

david muir
29-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Okay have found rear speaker 'hole' (I was being thick!). How does one easily access the speaker?.....the Haynes manual is gloriously vague!
Have looked at the tweeters in rear doors-they're there but not connected !....is that common? will the wires be in the loom?
thanks

Crasher
29-07-2008, 01:22 PM
The side shelves have to come out and they are a pain. Mine creaked after so I had to pull it all out again to add some anti creak sealant strip. The wires should be in the doors.

primey
17-08-2008, 05:31 PM
There will probably be no wires for the speakers so you'll have to run them.

On the plus side, if its anything like the wifes Fabia, Vagcom does detect the speakers are not connected so they should hook up to the head unit with out any issues.

I did have Octy VRs speakers which I actually chucked the other day. You could have had them for nowt!