PDA

View Full Version : Abs Fault

Phil Innis
28-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi,

I have an intermitant fault with the ABS on my 2002 T4 Caravelle. The ABS is activating under light braking 'very intermitantly'. Is this an ABS sensor ?

nicmas2000
29-06-2008, 07:59 PM
hello mate it could be a broken speed ring, they are hidden in behind the brake discs, on the front they are part of the outer cv joints and on the rear part of the hub or somthing.

anyway to check them you have to be in behind the wheel with it jacked up and turn it round to look for a crack the speed ring it's self is sort of castalated (like the battlements on the top of a castle) ¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬

if it is cracked the senser cant read it properly and gets confused when mine went it was most noticeable on light braking. the other thing is to get your fault codes read (look at vag com section) bear in mind a bust speed ring prob. wont show a fault (cos the sensor IS working)

hope this helps nic

andy8442
08-07-2008, 08:31 PM
hello mate it could be a broken speed ring, they are hidden in behind the brake discs, on the front they are part of the outer cv joints and on the rear part of the hub or somthing.

anyway to check them you have to be in behind the wheel with it jacked up and turn it round to look for a crack the speed ring it's self is sort of castalated (like the battlements on the top of a castle) ¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬_¬

if it is cracked the senser cant read it properly and gets confused when mine went it was most noticeable on light braking. the other thing is to get your fault codes read (look at vag com section) bear in mind a bust speed ring prob. wont show a fault (cos the sensor IS working)

hope this helps nic

I have a intermitent abs type judder when I brake. Do you think this maybe the problem? 2007 T5

JAY_1
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
My lt has had a problem with the abs. The abs is activ under most braking and even when not braking. although after a while the warning light comes on and the ab is disabled. Turns out to be a sensor and a ring. VW aren't sure if the ring is available seperatly...... does anyone know if it is? pass rear.

thanks

JAY_1
18-07-2008, 08:37 PM
anyone?