PDA

View Full Version : Brake Light / Tail Light Changing Avant

Gazz
11-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Last week whilst traveling to work a work mate stopped me and told me i had a tail light out. (no warning on dash) Anyway brake and tail bulb blown so I bought a new bulb opened tailgate to find you dont access the cluster from the inside you need to remove the full light unit ?. So got out my handbook low and behold they recommend return to dealer (not) so found this link on how to.
http://www.jmaguire.com/blog/2006/02/05/stoplight.html

It Helped.

auiron
12-01-2007, 02:55 AM
Last week whilst traveling to work a work mate stopped me and told me i had a tail light out. (no warning on dash) Anyway brake and tail bulb blown so I bought a new bulb opened tailgate to find you dont access the cluster from the inside you need to remove the full light unit ?. So got out my handbook low and behold they recommend return to dealer (not) so found this link on how to.
http://www.jmaguire.com/blog/2006/02/05/stoplight.html

It Helped.

Must have taken an Audi designer months and months to design something as complicated as that. Should really be a 30 second job to change a bulb.
I'm sure many will thank you for posting this helpful link.

Dave Avant
12-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I think they're easy, remove a cap and screw and remove light cluster.

Make sure the bulb carrier is clipped in properly as I changed the tail/brake light bulb and it had collected water. re sealed it and its not collected anymore water yet.

RickT
13-01-2007, 02:26 AM
its a easy job once the get the hang of it.. ie,,, today less than 5 mins in the rain!

RicKT

auiron
13-01-2007, 02:32 PM
its a easy job once the get the hang of it.. ie,,, today less than 5 mins in the rain!

RicKT

Hi RickT, Yes, but you have "Senior Audi Expertise", and others are all fingers and thumbs.

RickT
13-01-2007, 04:58 PM
lol... as you know its ine screw to under to remove it from the car... then unclip both sides from the cluster... whip the bulb out.. install new.. quick test.. clip back on.. reinsert screw..

kobs a good one!

RicKT

minimonte
25-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the link, that saved me loads of time. Still dropped the screw down inside the body panel though :-(

Be careful

scootermap
20-11-2007, 10:23 AM
fantastic link well done, I can go on now...