PDA

View Full Version : Please Help VW Golf MP3/cd player

johnwoods1690
27-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi just got a VW golf 08 but can't figure out how to use the mp3 player on my stereo to link my ipod up!:1zhelp:
any help would be greatly appreciated.

mluton
28-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Daft question, but do you have the iPod lik or the 3.5mm jack link

JDSF
13-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi I’m a Brand new member

I have I think a similar problem, just got Golf Match 1.9TDI registered November 2007 with IPOD Jack attachment in the arm rst (standard fitting and covered in the supplied handbook). I have an IPOD Touch and cannot get this to work, if you place it in Jack powered off it will get powered on but the CD part of radio unit does not then appear to recognise the device.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks John

Paul_mkV_golf
13-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Have you tried contacting the dealer who supplied you with the car- if it's not working properly it's up to them to sort it out! Worth a try in case you have a duff unit?....

Paul

JDSF
13-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks Paul, I spent 15 mins this am with the salesman trying to make it work but I then had to leave so I will go back to him if I’m still unsuccessful, I just wanted to be sure firstly that that the IPOD Touch works with the Unit and secondly I was not doing anything dumb. Is it as simple as plugging in the IPOD and selecting the CD function on the radio unit?

:confused: